Great news !!!! :-)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
My mother-in-law has a Tiguan with the 2L-turbo petrol & 6-sp DSG.
Seems ok with the gearing, though it's like driving a boat with the way it floats & bobs around :thumbdown:

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
I definately learned yesterday in the wet that it's front wheel drive...
Holy crap turned the wheel to navigate a corner & the damned car kept going straight! Brown pants moment there..

&.. these cars are so easy to wheelspin! Even in the dry, especially sitting on a slight incline, it will spin the fronts like buggery before gripping! (y)

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
I'd very much perfer the Mitsi front end over anything that the stupid french people put on.

LOL That's so true. After all it was a french designer that put the TL/TW nose on the Magna! :thumbdown:

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
But think of the "free monies" :D

Paul, agreed mate... Olivier Boulay killed the Magna :(

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Olivier Boulay killed Mitsubishi mid-large sized cards.

The 9G/380 will die in the next year or two and 90% chance won't be replaced and below that the next biggest car Mitsi sell worldwide is the Lancer!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
At least the DSG doesn't bloody downshift on you when coasting downhill!

BOTH the Super and the RVR do it & it's the most annoying thing with the gearboxes.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
I disagree, I quite like that :)

What pissed me the hell off today was the ford 6 speed tiptronic box as found in 2006 XR6's. I was driving it in tiptronic mode and floored it in 3rd coming onto the motorway. It dropped down into 2nd! WTF use is tiptronic mode?

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Our 5-speed autos won't hold gear either. They'll change up or down still if it feels the need for it & overrride tiptronic mode.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
mine holds to red line if pushed in both legnums. They change down to stop you stalling it tip mode if you go too slow

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
mine holds to red line if pushed in both legnums. They change down to stop you stalling it tip mode if you go too slow

Both Grandpa & the Super refuse to. Put it in tippy mode & floor it & it will simply keep upshifting on you whether you like it or not.

I like how the DSG doesn't do it. None of that nasty shunting when it slips into 3rd to 'alert' you.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Mine won't change up in tiptronic unless I do it myself. I forgot i was in tip once and made a very slow and loud exit from the lights :p

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
No they don't change automatically at all if in tiptronic mode.

Brad - just hold it in first gear and floor it until you get to 7400rpm or so and hit the limiter ;)

JRVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 galant type V manual
They change down automatically, that is for sure. As for up...maybe it's a pre-facelift trans thing?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
They will not let you change into 3rd until about 10km, 4th until 30kmh and 5th until 60kmh. I might be 5kmh off on all of those, I don't drive too many auto's these days!

The will drop down from 5th into 4th at about 50, from 4th into 3rd and about 20kmh and will stay in 3rd all the way down to about 5kmh.

They should NEVER EVER change up a gear when getting close to the redline. They should bounce off the limiter at about 7400rpm.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
The gearbox in my Galant does exactly what I want it to do all the time. Clever little jigger, it is.

Top Bottom