Great news !!!! :-)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
That must be the problem I have in the ST-R and my two VR-4's, they always change just when I want them too, and the gearbox never blows up :D

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I disagree, I quite like that :)

What pissed me the hell off today was the ford 6 speed tiptronic box as found in 2006 XR6's. I was driving it in tiptronic mode and floored it in 3rd coming onto the motorway. It dropped down into 2nd! WTF use is tiptronic mode?

Ive found the tiptronic to be pointless in fords also. Driving the work ute in tiptronic is hardly different to driving it in auto, as it changes when it feels like anyway, doesnt even let me get within 1k of redline

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
That's such a bummer, reminds me of when a fella i knew bought a "Lexus" Soarer and the dash would say TCL was off but would still kick in at any time the rears lost grip at all. I mean it's like the car is lying to you :p I've heard a few of the newer Lexus models also have this off switch for the traction control which doesn't do anything but put a light on your dash to make you think it's off. Totally pointless, like the Ford Tiptronics.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
The local heroin addict thought he'd come around & say hi to my work car last night;
IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

The guy 2 units up also got hit & lost laptops & PC gear galore. Luckily they only took a drink cooler bag which was empty anyways, but there is glass everywhere..
Is it a crime to want these people dead?

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Damn junkies.

Here's a hint, don't try and interfere in case you do catch them.

A similar thing happened to a mate and the junkie was wired on Ice. My mate isn't small, punched him hard and he didn't even flinch. The Junkie went crazy, death threats bricks thrown at the his house with wife and child inside. They ended up catching the guy... but was a debarkle that could have been avoided by not ever locking eyes with the lunatic.

-T8-

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tate
Drive
WRX CSE5, 7g galant
that sucks mate... btw, is that a starlet gt???
i wanted one for a daily.. hows it go?
i mentioned i wanted one once on here and got bagged out heaps ha ha

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
that sucks mate... btw, is that a starlet gt???
i wanted one for a daily.. hows it go?
i mentioned i wanted one once on here and got bagged out heaps ha ha

Yep that's a GT. Obviously not as fast or as grippy as a VR4, but a million times more ball-tearingly exciting! It really does feel like it will take off & fly when it gets on boost. Managed to get my hands on a pretty rare auto too, plus a spare gearbox to boot when I blow the existing one up!

-T8-

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tate
Drive
WRX CSE5, 7g galant
:eek: jealous
I was looking at the glanza V 1998 models.. They're going overseas for like $4000
and for that price range, daily car competitors are Suzuki swift, 91 corollas and civics with 250,000kms on them
just a hassel leaving my wrx around the city when I park it, plus trying to lower the kms I put on it

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
OMFG murder the fkr, then make it look like an OD so you don't get in trouble

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
They can't be imported anymores though. You'll have to source one locally.
Mine is a 1990 model, 130,000kms & totally stock except for the stereo. It's currently going through repairs etc to pass rego.
It's scary inside looking around & realising just how damned small the thing is compared to a Legnum.
They have a factory low/high boost setting too lol... & mine's got a factory digital boost gauge in the dash!

Top Bottom