Greddy Profec EBC New Type

LEGNUMFST

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Neville
Drive
1999 Legnum vr4 type s
Hey guys, installed a greddy profec ebc the new type today,
low set to 6psi and hi set to 13psi are these ok ?

Seems to run good only mods are evo8 Bov & 2 3/4" catback exhaust
i can get a apexi safc blue screen type really cheap is it worth adding it ?

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Best bet to get a upgraded fuel
Pump. Walbro 255lph are direct replacement. And maybe a better intercooler. I recommend the hdi gt2
Great core for the money.

G

Unregistered
If you have an automatic transmission then set your EBC to 12-13 psi max as they tend to spike a few psi over on the gear changes and will cause boost/fuel cut when exceeds 15psi, which is easy to do in colder weather. Setting low to 6 will limit it to wastegate pressure which is around 6-7 psi anyway, standard with factory solenoid is around 9.

LEGNUMFST

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Neville
Drive
1999 Legnum vr4 type s
Thanks for the info the hi was actually only 11.7 psi cause it was set in bar 0.79 .

Figured out how to change it to psi eventually and set the spike limiter to 14 psi to be safe

I forgot i have a k&n panel filter it came with cars stock air box. Next mods are fuel pump,
Intercooler and better brakes.

The stock brakes have 75% pads and still stuggles to pull up without pressing down hard?

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
What pads have you got? I found pads like ebc yellows and reds don't get enough heat in them on the street for the first stop to be good (eg leaving the freeway and stopping at the first light isn't bitey)

LEGNUMFST

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Neville
Drive
1999 Legnum vr4 type s
Hey nuff ,

Not sure came with the car just checked if they needed changing. Front are still 75% back are 50% .

Top Bottom