Greddy Type S BOV

G

Unregistered
hey guys stretching for answers acroiss the pond..

anyone got a Greddy Type-S BOV on their vehicle and having trouble with stalling?
im running 7202 ECU atm and stock evrything except for the greddy intake piping kit and it stalls when i stop ar neateralise the car when coasting.if i nanna it it wont do it but its frikking annoying,please see Christmas for the VRhttp://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=561380#post561380 , on CVR4 forums for a lil more info if needed and pix of the job but really need to fix it,its annoying:cursing:

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Have you tried an ECU reset? The negative battery terminal cable off then back on thing.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I think Josh (Frozen) had one on his car.. wast VTA at one stage, I dont think he had issues with it..

wendnarb

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
1998 VR4 legnum
It's spring loaded yeah? If it is my gfb one came with instructions on how to make it stop stalling if you want me to write them out? If it's not spring loaded I'm no help sorry. Hahah

G

Unregistered
It's spring loaded yeah? If it is my gfb one came with instructions on how to make it stop stalling if you want me to write them out? If it's not spring loaded I'm no help sorry. Hahah

yea it is dude,i removed a spring yesterday hoping to help it but it still stalls,its annoying... i love the bov but not the problems its giving..

as for ECU resetting doesnt removing the positive cable acheive the same thing or not?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Q, read the guide on how to install a VTA BOV. It may help you. In the technical guides section.

G

Unregistered
Q, read the guide on how to install a VTA BOV. It may help you. In the technical guides section.
sweet thanx man,will do,i took it out for now till i can be bothered lol

wendnarb

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
1998 VR4 legnum
Well pretty much the instructions for mine said make sure the spring is as soft as it allows, (3mm for mine but would be different for yours), start the car and let it warm up to normal operating temp, get someone to rev the engine while you watch the bov - but from an angle and so that you don't get the blast of air. The piston inside will lift and should close before the car returns back to idle, if it doesn't close before then the engine will stumble. Tighten the spring one turn at a time (again yours is prob different) untill the engine resturns to idle smoothly. And then it says to take it for. Test drive and watch the tacho as you slow down and if it dips below idle tighten the spring another turn till it stops.

Hope it helps man and I haven't wasted my time!! Hahah

G

Unregistered
this is bound to happen with AFM engines and atmo blow off valves, eventually the engine learns how to run without stalling- it also helps to have the spring wound higher rather than lower (too high and youll get air rushing back through the turbos which is not good for them). Mate has had this happen with his evo 7 and HKS bov, i am currently having the problem on mine with a Turbosmart VeePort- these both only started occurring after the ecu was reset.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I never had any problems with my SSQV when i installed it, not even when I first installed it. Guess this fault must be a bit hit and miss.

Top Bottom