Guard Rolling/Flaring places

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
Hey guys, i was just interested to see who has had their arches rolled or flared?

After the butcher job the panel beaters did on my arches and panel i need to look at getting it re-done. they didnt roll it far enough and its scrubbing with any weight in the car.

So just looking to make a thread where people have gone and their experiences.

avoid priestman and sharp in shenton park. ive had 2 experiences now, the second time i went there was to get a screw up from the first time fixed at the same time as arches rolled and they were unkind to my car and myself putting it nicely

cheers

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Did you get your arches fixed Dan?

Seeing as though I may also need some slight flaring/pumping aswell as rolling when I get my new car I'll need someone to do it. Anybody else know any panel shops with a good reputation?

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
nah i havent yet, i just drive the gf's car if more than 3 people or so are going in the car. might get round to calling that place this week

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Fark having more then 3 people in your car, fuel economy is bad enough :p

That's the one thing I'll miss about having a coupe, only one passenger will comfortably fit :)

ALSHWNOGO

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kellie
Drive
Vauxhall VXR Monaro Turbo
i'm looking at getting my guards pumped as well... Just so I can fit in the rims and tyres i want, lol.

I was suggested dentcraft

as well as Malaga Rust - 9248 1820
and H & M Smash - 9248 5564

wraith73

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Steve
Drive
Mitsubishi Colt, Patrol, Pulsar Q
DentCraft quoted me $143 incl GST for rolling the 2 rear guards if I take my car to them in Mt Pleasant.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Pretty pricey, no?

Gonna' need my plastic flares and stuff trimmed so I think a body shop might be a good idea for me. Where is H&M located?

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
He is the guy I was gonna recommend also, will get it done soon, Stuart is a really honest and genuine bloke.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
I'm booked in on Monday morning next week, will post up the results.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Please do! I will need this done soon as my coilovers and wheels have been ordered so it is a must for me.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
Well I got them done, unfortunately my right rear guard was full of bog, and he warned me that there will be cracking if I got it rolled, I said no problems, and in the end there was some very mild cracking on the inside of the lip, the left side had no cracking whatsoever.

I was gonna post up a pic, but I can't see the difference? I mean I watched him do it and could see the guards flex and all, and he said it will solve the scraping problem, but visually there isn't much to see?

But overall I would still recommend him.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
so was that the one for 143?

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
It cost me $121 for the two rear, and I can now say after a bit of hammering it around corners that the problem of scraping is fixed.

smohekey

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott Mohekey
Drive
Legnum
It's the inside of the guard that they roll isn't it? i.e. the guard has an inverted lip that usually sticks quite a way into the wheel arch. They roll that back closer to the outside surface of the guard to reduce the intrusion. So outside surface itself isn't changed.

At least thats how I THINK it works..

smohekey

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott Mohekey
Drive
Legnum
Yeah, I considered busting paint out, but couldn't be bothered. Pictures may speak a thousand words, but they also cost a thousand words in effort! lol

Top Bottom