Hail from Brisbane!

Stanislav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Stan
Drive
2009 Audi S3
Was Gordon Park, now Springfield Lakes. Moving back closer to the city when the lease is up. I only ever spot one white PFL Legnum with ugly commodoresque wheels out here, ah well guess it is practically Ipswich :(

Aw that sucks, I generally see about 2 a week. Hope to see you around at some future events!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Tom, dont start that finess green stuff with me.. :p cause that pic ain't finess green.. that's one of those rare greens as well

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
And finally I see you decided to sign up :p Nice to see my old girl is still looking clean. Hope your still enjoying it mate. :) ... oh do I miss the power.... but 750/800kms to a $39 tank of fuel is a nice compromise ;)

Best of luck with future mods, sux to hear about the coil pack. Surprised to see her still @ near standard ride height. Thought you would have put it back to slammed by now.

Stanislav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Stan
Drive
2009 Audi S3
And finally I see you decided to sign up :p Nice to see my old girl is still looking clean. Hope your still enjoying it mate. :) ... oh do I miss the power.... but 750/800kms to a $39 tank of fuel is a nice compromise ;)

Best of luck with future mods, sux to hear about the coil pack. Surprised to see her still @ near standard ride height. Thought you would have put it back to slammed by now.

Hiya Brett!

Yeah im looking after it well and loving the power also :p havent really messed too much with the ride height as I was focusing on getting the 100k service done and stuff. Next up will be 18x9+35 Konig Deception wheels and slammage :D after that Il be getting a full stereo setup including a tidy custom boot install. Only then will take a break from spending bulk money lol!
konig%20deception%2017_.jpg

Attachments

• konig%20deception%2017_.jpg
    konig%20deception%2017_.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 98

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
WIN for those wheels. As long as the fitment is right. i.e. just poking the guards. After seeing your old silvia's I don't think you will have issues working it out ;)

keep everyone here posted on future mods. I am always keen to see what has changed.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Sorry that isn't winning turquoise either. That is Alamo Green which is common on JDM Pajeros and other JDM Mitsi's from about 97 to 03

Stanislav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Stan
Drive
2009 Audi S3
Hey guys just thought id give an update on the car. Turns out the problem is far worse than just the coil. I have lost cylinder 5... :( Most likely a bent valve. Im suspecting a slipped timing belt tooth (5 days after getting my timing belt changed!) so I'm really hoping that the workshop that did my 100k service will own up to it. Looks like itl be rebuild time... theyve given me some rough quotes, 6k for 2nd hand engine swap or about 8.5k to fully forge and rebuild it. Things are still in limbo but Im pretty bummed :(

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Holy fk 0_0

Guess until the head's off you won't know the extent :( Hope workshop insurance covers it and everything goes well man. So sorry to hear this has happened dude :,(

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Wow thats sucks, but 6k for a secondhand engine and fitting seems massively expensive doesn't it? The engine would cost 1k max surely

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Agreed that $6k is getting pretty ridiculous. You can pick up full front cuts/written off cars for way less than $6k, then sell off all the bits you don't need and get a whole bunch of it back. Best of luck dude.

Stanislav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Stan
Drive
2009 Audi S3
Yeah they seem to be giving me overly high quotes, saying that they charge about 1500-2000 to pull an engine out and drop it in again. Surely it doesnt take 10 hours to pull one out? ive done one in 3 lol Regardless what happens I am still going to try and pursue them for the money. Im going to get it fixed at another workshop and then try and find any evidense to prove that these guys messed up. By the way these guys are acting it looks it wont be easy to get anything out of them :(

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
name and shame

sucks to here mate. take it up with consumer affairs if you can prove they fucked it up

Donkay

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don
Drive
Mitsubishi RVR
And people told me APC motorsports was exxy... gosh sorry to hear

What were the symptoms for you to say cylinder was out? Was it idling rough? Clacky clacky noise?

Stanislav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Stan
Drive
2009 Audi S3
And people told me APC motorsports was exxy... gosh sorry to hear

What were the symptoms for you to say cylinder was out? Was it idling rough? Clacky clacky noise?

The workshop did a compression test and a leak down test, cylinder 5 apparently has next to no compression. They suspect a bent valve. I was accelerating onto the highway and after I backed off it started laboring and just running super rough, pulled over and it was barely idling but still running. Didnt make any weird noises while running though, just sounded like an epic misfire. Thats why we checked the coilpacks and found one seemed to have a crappy lead connection if any. The car had a weird rattling noise from inside the engine bay about 15 minutes before it happened but it went away after a few minutes, I did notice that it only made the noise when under load.

The workshop in question is GT Auto Garage. Im sure theyre great with most cars but I think theyve just messed up because theyve actually never done a timing belt on a 6A13.

Stanislav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Stan
Drive
2009 Audi S3
name and shame

sucks to here mate. take it up with consumer affairs if you can prove they fucked it up

Yeah Ive contacted them up for advice and theyve said in cases like these evidence is generally hard to get so I should take it to another workshop asap and get them to diagnose the cause of the problem before this one tampers with any evidence to be found.

SATAN

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Tim
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
ah dude that sucks balls :(...i got my car back with new diff and im sending it back today because the new diff whines between 60-80km/hr (lash adjusters apparently not right) and some f-cker snapped my rear pass abs sensor so now i have no AYC and no ABS...grrr...and i need to have it checked anyway because i fitted boost tee and fuel regulator and no matter what when she hits just over 10psi it seems to feel like its hitting boost cut violently...oh the joys of owning a modified car...i swear when i sell the leggy im gonna spend LESS money in the long run and buy a BMW M1 haha

Donkay

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don
Drive
Mitsubishi RVR
Well, if need be, I have an old motor, but, assumption is, timing skipped a degree (not as much as yours to destroy valves and have to check with Christian as well as he may need it still)

As its only reached rattling part, idles fine, drives fine, again... cylinder 5

Otherwise only spare 6a13 in SE QLD (i know) is asian auto spares at underwood, facelift half cut only (not willing to separate) $2300

SATAN

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Tim
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
could be a chance to look at stepping up to the 3l block, have your heads rebuilt and rebuild your turbo's and build something of a supermotor (like the 25/30 from nissan?) i have built a 26/30 in my old skyline so id be more than happy to help you out as far as building the engine goes? i may just be speaking out of my arse but the added tourque would be wicked...no idea how 'do-able' this is...

on another note if you just replace the engine i know of a guy who may be chasing one to put into a Mirage...

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Mmmmm 6G72TT...could be a winner. Things are reversed in the bay though, engine is passenger side and box is driver side in GTO. Wonder if 6G into EC5 has been done? Wasn't there some guy in the US with a built all-motor 6G in an 8th Gen Galant on here?

Alternatively: 4G63 like Taylor from NZ ;)

Top Bottom