Hard to pump fuel into?

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
Just wondering if anyone else finds it frustrating and annoying trying to pump fuel into their VR4??

Although it's been an issue I've been having since day one - it really came to a head over the weekend while standing at the servo in 40deg+ temp trying to fill the bastard! haha..

Everything fits fine, but I find myself having to half pull the pump out of the filler hole otherwise the flow will continually shut the pump off. Grrr..

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
Yes. I know exactally what you mean. It works with out cutting out if you only put petrol in at half speed but it takes ages doing it that way.

I thought that my car was just odd, good to know others have the same problems

G

Unregistered
My other car does that but the legnum works on full speed at the pump. Have you tried a few different servo's?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
haven't had that problem at all with my Legnums, and the pumps in Aussie are the same design

G

Unregistered
I have the opposite problem. The nozzle fits in too easily - anything could be put in there. It would be about 4-5cm diameter

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
It's not the size of the nozzle that's the problem, but the flow from the pump. The fuel seems to go in faster than the filler/tank can cope with - triggering the cutoff on the pump.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Sounds like your getting "splash back". Try changing the angle of the pump.

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
Yeah that's it.
It doesn't seem to make any difference what angel the nozzle is on unfortunately. The only way I can fill is half pressure - half hanging out.

G

Unregistered
I have a pre facelift and don't have a problem, but i find a lot of the pumps i go to are pretty dam slow

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
sometimes mine clicks off but point to nozzle slightly towards the back it works fine, the only problem i have is that the locks don't work on the handles here in aussie, which is stupid! But they do on the diesel pumps?

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
I have the same problem but only when the tank reaches ~3/4 full. For the most of it, i can put the nozzle fully in but then let it hang against the top of the pipe to the tank, it works fine.

In Mex, you dont need to worry about it anything like that, theres guys at the servo that pump the fuel for you and then give you a hand written reciept, no need to see any cashier, get bombarded with 2 for 1 chocolate/soft drink offers etc :D

Top Bottom