Headlight dimming

G

Unregistered
Just thought I'd ask and see if anyone else has noticed that when its very dark and you have your lights on, if you use the power windows or push the brake pedal the head lights dim very slightly for a very short moment.
I know mine is not the only one that does it, you probably don't even realise yours does it (go have a look- not while your driving) but just want to know if everyone else does the same. :confused:

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Yea i've noticed it on a lot of vehicles, also when you try to put up the power windows when they closed it lowers the revs slightly, just load on the alternator and battery

Robotnik123

Crunching Gears
First Name
Jan
Drive
1999 Legnum VR-4 Type S
Never noticed that. I have a cold climate spec car with a larger battery and alternator so that may make a difference. Of course I am often not hugely observant either, so might have missed the dimming lights.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
mine doesn't do that since I use HID :) but whenever I have the turn signal on.. my boost gauge's backlight keeps dimming everytime the light comes on.. I think it's the battery saying.. REPLACE ME DAMN IT..

Zild

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
My dash dims in sync with the indicators, it's trivial, but annoys the shit out of me.
Could it be a grounding problem?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Battery replacement won't help (I've tried)...... These cars use the pissiest alternators available i think :ROFLMAO:

To go to a bigger battery (Is possible, it has the space and the clamp already), you need to change the crappy battery terminals to something vastly bigger.

Try having big audio without a capacitor installed..... Sheesh

Its one upgrade i am defo keen for, 600cca battery and gold plate terminals (stereo boys will understand)

Dawso

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I dont think its grounding problem as I've secured my properly.. and the cup where gauge is sitting on.. it's plastic..

also, I have added extra ground wires in my engine bay as well as volt stabilizer..

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Andy, the batteries in these are pathetic..... That'll always happen until battery upgrade.....

Stick a voltage meter/gauge in and watch what happens on it in everyday driving things

Dawso

Top Bottom