Hello

Mel-D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mel
Drive
2012 Ford Focus ST Manual,Tangerine. Evo 6 Blue manual.Had 2004 XR6 Falcon M11 Auto,Yellow GT stripes. 1999 Legnum Manual,White
Hi and welcome

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
welcome to ozvr4, larissa. im keen to see some pics of the evo too.

but all the info you need is here somewhere

eg:

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.p...ook-here-FIRST. (index to lots of good stuff)
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.p...ommon-problems (common issues/fixes)
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.p...rum.-MUST-READ (all the info about these cars and their varients)
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.p...taged-Upgrades (staged upgrades)
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.p...tion-Info-HELP (production info)

and if you're wondering why you cant post a new thread, its cause you hav to be a donating member, which is $5.

i think that covers everything...most of that should keep you reading for a few nights. again, welcome :)

JasonGSR

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jason
Drive
Evo X
Yeah we will only be doing very basic mods to the Legnum. Nothing to crazy.

JasonGSR

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jason
Drive
Evo X
I'm a little excited to be getting the legnum :) hopefully get it this arvo/ tomorrow. I wonder what our first mod will be.
Probably a bigger intercooler core, we have a spare new 600x300x76" core in the garage, then intake, cooler piping and turbo back exhaust along with a tune. Then we may do injectors, spark plugs, fuel pressure reg, fuel pump and another tune. Nothing to crazy. I can't see us changing the rims. We are looking at a new front bar also, with a bigger opening to allow more air to flow to the FMIC.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Stock injectors, airbox and pressure reg are fine. I'd only upgrade them if upgrading to real huffers. I'd do plugs, leads, O2 sensor, k&n panel and transmission cooler first, more longevity and maintenance than power mods. Then with the basics outta the way and in preparation for making power via tune & boost: cooler, piping & exhaust, fuel pump, 3-port boost solenoid and fuel rail loop.

Lissa

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Larissa
Drive
1999 Mitsubishi legnum
This may be a really dumb question but what is the transmission cooler and where would we find an aftermarket one? same with the o2 sensor (i know what it is just where to get it from) finding a lot of stuff comes up for 3000GT can the legnum accept the same parts? im just assuming same engine.... reason to upgrade the FMIC is have one sitting in our garage brand new never used.

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
Its a different engine Larissa, ours are a 6A13TT and the 3000GT is a 6G72 from memory, 3 litre with larger turbos.

Trans cooler you can get from most Auto shops, Autobarn, Supercheap here in Adelaide, looks like this

IMG_0328.jpg

Get the largest one possible though, the 678 in the Davies Craig range is larger than this one pictured which I bought for mine

Lissa

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Larissa
Drive
1999 Mitsubishi legnum
awesome whats one of those worth? got my inspection and not sounding good :( needs engine service, transmission service, radiator flushed cos wrong coolant in there, repair power steering pump and replace fluid, new tyres and alignment. plus its been rear ended before.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Not dumb questions at all, gotta learn somehow hey.

Trans cooler works just like your coolant radiator to keep the fluid in your auto transmission at a stable temperature. However, the factory solution (I'm reasonably confident, I don't own an auto ;)) uses the radiator as the heat exchanger (has its' own fluid loop of course, the two fluids don't mix) which isn't very cool at all. Most auto owners prefer to install a completely separate cooler, as pictured above (thanks Adam) as it will have much higher efficiency. Hope this helps!

Edit: Jeebus sounds like it needs a bit of work, what exactly do they mean by "engine service"? How many k's has it done?

Lissa

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Larissa
Drive
1999 Mitsubishi legnum
All the fluids are dirty it's got 118000kms on the clock. Will def be getting a oil cooler ASAP!!

Lissa

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Larissa
Drive
1999 Mitsubishi legnum
Will all be fixed before buying :) still a great buy getting it Wednesday

Lissa

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Larissa
Drive
1999 Mitsubishi legnum
pretty much cos of the price of the car and the minor issues it has which are being rectified today. Have bought some iridium spark plugs which i should get late this week and ordered an oil cooler, will probably also get the panel filter for now, and make sure its working properly. Will be keen for a good cruise soon picking it up tomorrow night.

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the car? PM me if you like...

Top Bottom