Help finding a new wheel

JonnyWalked

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
cody
Drive
97 Galant.
Hey guys rust found a crack in one of my rims I was hoping someone could help me find a match. I have the grenade gx01 18x9 +38. I think then line has been discontinued so I don't really know where to start. If we can't find one does any one have any suggestions for a set in the same size. Thanks guys

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
To be honest these are not a easy wheel to find especially if your after one, even in japan auction you hardly find only one wheel for sale.
There's a pair of 4 stud grenade gx01 white on japan auction at the moment but haven't seen much of the grenade gx01 for a while.

How bad is the crack ? Can't it be repaired ? Pictures ?

JonnyWalked

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
cody
Drive
97 Galant.
Its going to cost $300 to fix at Adelaide wheel and rim I was hoping I could find one cheaper than that.

Attachments

• IMG_20140430_181315.jpg
    IMG_20140430_181315.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20140430_181303.jpg
    IMG_20140430_181303.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 33

battery

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
b
Drive
a car
Not a good practice to be welding a crack like that, personally i'd never drive on a rim that had been repaired.

JonnyWalked

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
cody
Drive
97 Galant.
yer i know but i dont really have another option at the moment. i have me space saver spare on now. i would much rather replace it and if i cant i will have to wait to get a new set of some kind.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Sorry to hear mate, maybe your better off chasing a cheap set of GTR rims to replace them as look similar?

JonnyWalked

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
cody
Drive
97 Galant.
thanks Misagh i will give them a call
also yer i have been looking at new wheels all day.

thanks guys

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
$300 is abit to much if you were in Sydney i know a wheel repair place that would do it for $150 repaired or $200 repaired and painted to what ever colour you want on that wheels, i got my Lenso's repaired from them it had two cracks next to each other for the same price as repairing one crack.
And they give a guarantee if it leaks they repair again and if it leaks again he told me they will refund .

Also looking at the pictures the crack doesn't look to bad so my opinion is look for another wheel repair place that cant make it cheaper and make sure you ask them if it leaks what they offer like a guarantee or something like that .

JonnyWalked

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
cody
Drive
97 Galant.
So I had the wheel fixed last week by a mate who is an engineer but unfortunately it still leaks my mate said he doesn't want to try and weld it again as it might warp the wheel. So I'm in the market for a new set any suggestions

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
^this
Or I know someone with r33 GTR rims for sale. Or 17x8+35 enkei rpf1

G

Unregistered
I have Evo 8 Enkeis I need to move if you don't have a mega budget.

JonnyWalked

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
cody
Drive
97 Galant.
yer not really sure on a budget. i have messaged unclepaulie about his DNA02s

if not i want to get 18x9 so i dont have to buy new rubber aswell.

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
im sure the tyres you have should fit other width wheels so you dont need to get only 18x9, what size are the tyres just outta curiosity ?

Top Bottom