Help! Headlight and other light problems

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Ok, so my problem is that i've apparently blown 5 lights on my car, parker on one side main headlight on other, both spotties don't work and one rear tail light has gone.

On the dash when i turn on my lights, the green light for headlights doesn't come on, neither does the one for the spotties.

Also i noticed that when i do turn the lights on that the climate control and other various lights in the cabin don't dim down or come on.

Now i check all the fuse's and they all appear to be fine.

I'm so stumped with whats the problem, would this be because of my stereo being pinched and then maybe somewhere something got blown? I am sure that they were working when i got the car back but i have played around with the wires a little???

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
ouch.. either you've got one of the light's positive wire grounding somewhere which caused several fuses to go off..

worst case scenario.. some wires would have melted its cover and is arcing with another wire.. I've seen it before.. just not in my vr4 or any vr4..

try replacing the fuse/s and start from there.. which ever one blows out first then i'd follow where that leads to..

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
i was having these kinds of issues when i first got my car, i found the fuse for the parking lights was blowing so bad it was arcing over to the othe rlight fuses and blowing those. It affected the climate control (??dunno why) but also dash lights, rear lights (brake and parking) and head lights.

I later found the front parking lights sockets were just mangled and melted, no idea why, so i dont bother with the fuse for them and everything runs fine (just no front parkers), so it might be worth checking the front light sockets for the same thing??

G

Unregistered
one of your spot light fuses in the engine bay is blown.... yes just 1 fuse ****s all this other things up.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
amazing how mitsubishi came up with all the wiring in these cars.. yet its really stupid on how 1 fuse can F*** the whole system up..

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Hey if these things didnt happen you would get bored with the car .... then you might as well drive a Corolla....ha ha

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Ha ha ha Nice try Christian I am sure you would have pulled that sucker apart as well!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
Ha ha ha Nice try Christian I am sure you would have pulled that sucker apart as well!

actually you're right.. if that happened to me.. I would've pulled the shit wires out and re-wire the whole freaking thing.. which will take me forever to finish..

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Bam! Gly you were right, think it may of been a headlight fuse because one of those is now dead but you can barely tell the fuse has blown, three check never notice it before.

" Breaths a sigh of relief " one less thing to bother about....

G

Unregistered
haha... glad i could help.... been there done that :)
took me a while to work it out aswell. much worse when your driving at nite!

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
It's bloody weird how it works, one fuse blows some lights work some don't all over the place freeks ya out a little

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
haha... glad i could help.... been there done that :)
took me a while to work it out aswell. much worse when your driving at nite!
No sh!t... I had a headlamp fuse go a couple of months ago, had to bridge the terminals with a piece of wire for the drive home. Fun stuff!

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Ok, I'm digging an old thread.

Recently I have experienced this same issue which is a blown fuse at number nine, the blown fuse have been replaced.

However, that same fuse have blown again tonight. What are the possibilities that causes this issue? Any idea?

Davidsen

Idling at the Lights
Lifetime Member
First Name
Sonny
Drive
98 Facelift Galant VR4 all stock.
Did you figure this out Gorgath?

My fuse keeps blowing aswell. i took off the wiring from the rear light. so it isnt connected. disabled foglights aswell. but the fuse keeps blowing dont have any light in the dash board aswell.

Top Bottom