HELP ME START A PROJECT??

ASH STEEVO

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
VR4PLAY aka ASH
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S - VR4PLAY
gday all. ive had a legnum for over a year ive delt with sinergy motorsport in adelaide for services and been on here a bit looking for info. anywho. i just bought a new legnum

99 FL Black Type S.

and what to start a bit of a project. but i dont know heaps about engines and how turbos/boost works.

so anyway. first of all...

Air Filter? what should i do? ive read a few things but everyone has a dfferent story.
RPW seem to be the best place to get parts.

any help would be sweet.

the xtent of my project will be things like.
intercooler/bov/piping/xhaust/dump pipes/throtl body mayb? gauges ect.
then get a remap and keep it as daily drive.

obviously i wont forget teins and rims ect. but focusing on the engine first.

p.s this thread i will be due for a few facepalsm no doubt.

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
Keep your stock airbox and put a K&N pannel filter in there. Can get them from meek for $80 from memory..

Intercooler I would say get Ivans cooler core cheap but works really well, and then get custom stainless piping from AM Performance (like mine). Maybe buy mine if Jon doesn't end up buying the car and I part it all out!!

Exhaust I would suggest you but mine :) as it's for sale right now lol. It's a custom 3inch stainless cutback exhaust. With hiflo cat one resistor and a canon on te rear.. Pics in my forsale thread

Bov I would say use the evo8 metal bov hold boost does everything you need and with the K&N pannel filter gets a nice sound comming from the airbox, with out the wanky VTA!

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
RPW... oh dear! (again)

K&N or Ralliart or HKS... all these panel filters aren't good for a project! Do it right from the start and get yourself an ARC Box!

Edit: How much money do you want to spend? 2k, 5k, 10k?! All this helps to send you into the right direction...

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
How much was your custom piping from AM Michael?? And everything else he says I agree with haha. Including his zorst, it's nice.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
2283585.gif

Sorry, just getting in early. :D

I would just browse the site man. Every question you have asked has been asked about 11ty billion times before, and probably answered just as many times. After a couple of weeks of reading threads you will soon pick up on a lot of what you will need to know, promise :)

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
How much was your custom piping from AM Michael?? And everything else he says I agree with haha. Including his zorst, it's nice.

My cooler piping and cooler installed was something like $650 not including my silicon tho but did include my hose clamps.. But I changed them again to t-bolt ones

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Oh yeah the piping was for your other GReddy cooler huh. Think I'll just opt the whole kit from Ivan to save myself hassles when the time comes :p

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
Oh yeah the piping was for your other GReddy cooler huh. Think I'll just opt the whole kit from Ivan to save myself hassles when the time comes :p

Yer it was for the greddy one but fits onto Ivans cooler aswell. I just wanted something different and something that stood out from everyone else's

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Ash, you want full exhaust from turbos back, Big intercooler and all new piping, boost controller and a tune. That's basic mods, if your still wanting more power after that you need to start spending big money on new turbos, fuel pump, injectors etc.
The factory air box has been proven to be very good, no point replacing it, just put a k&n filter in it as mentioned above.

rockit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum
in a bit over a week ill probably be selling the intercooler/piping from this car (below) so if your still looking/wanting one then then pm me or have a look in the classifieds section.

ASH STEEVO

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
VR4PLAY aka ASH
Drive
cheers guys for the help... finally have the new legnum in my driveway... very happy with it... classic no clock working... and the t.v dvd installtion is FREAKIN over the top.
adapters and wires everywhere... gona take it to a place and get it all removed i recon.... unless sum1 on here in sa wants to help?? haha i did the install dvd/sub/amp in my other legnum myself... with easy but this new one is beyond the joke.

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
All we need now is some pics! O and it needs a sexy sounding exhaust ;)

triggs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
Trigger Mauve 1996 VR-4 Galant
I didnt think you could get a good exhaust for an auto. Id like one but i dont want mine sounding like a v6 commodore....

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
I didnt think you could get a good exhaust for an auto. Id like one but i dont want mine sounding like a v6 commodore....

My legnum exhaust! It's up forsale, sounds sexy on a vr4 and it doesn't sound like a v6 commy

ASH STEEVO

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
VR4PLAY aka ASH
Drive
how do ya post pics on here ya'll??

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum
In quick reply there are some buttons above the bit you type in, hit the third button from the right to go into the attach picture bit (if you hover over the buttons it tells you what they do). Then in the attach button bit you can upload pics and it inserts them into the posts.
Or you can open up a photobucket (website) account then upload the photo's there and then use the links that sit under each of your photo's there.
Will make more sense as you work through it (cbf'd screenshotting)

ASH STEEVO

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
VR4PLAY aka ASH
Drive
cheers mcheif... in regards to an xhaust all xhausts sound killer from the vr4 auto or not. just make sure its decent and 3" where possible!

Top Bottom