HELP?! Rear (pre-facelift) Bumper / Front bumper questions

W

w1k3d

Unregistered
Hey all,

I was sitting in milton rd traffic yesterday arvo; and was rear ended by some stupid jerk on his phone. I'm not certain yet but may need to source a new rear bar if the current is un-repairable. As he is paying out of his pocket because he wasn't insured (as it wasn't his car); money is no object :p if anyone can let me know if they have one... know of someone or a vender that can get one... I would greatly appreciate it.

Also a side question: What is involved to replace a pre-facelift front bar with a facelift's? I have searched with no success. As far as i can see the bar itself and the grill are the only changes; can anyone shed light on this. (p.s. I'm not wanting the flared guards).

Thanks to anyone who can help!

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
get in touch with vr4wgn,he can source any part in NZ and ship it,if you act quick through him he could possibly send it this weekend or next week along with my nose cut,then all you have to do is pick it up from customs.quinton even makes aftermarket rear bars

just an option

W

w1k3d

Unregistered
get in touch with vr4wgn,he can source any part in NZ and ship it,if you act quick through him he could possibly send it this weekend or next week along with my nose cut,then all you have to do is pick it up from customs.quinton even makes aftermarket rear bars

just an option

Thanks heaps mate! The mrs has the car today getting a quote for it as the company she works for also owns a smash repair shop. If they can't source a rear bar or can't fix it; I'll look into getting another one.

Appreciate the help!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
A facelift rear won't go on easily. A facelift front will go on fine however. There is a small difference with the grill but it isn't hard to work around or get a new grill

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
Make sure you take the rear bumper off and inspect the rear of the car for damage.
It is quite common to end up with damage that you cannot initially see.

Top Bottom