Lifetime Member
First Name
Nick
Drive
'96 Galant VR4 - 300kW
'19 Kia Stinger GT
'95 R33 Skyline
Hey guys,

I made a post on the facebook page asking for some help with the replacement of my lifters and rear turbo.
Just making a thread to see if/when anyone is available to give me a hand if possible and to see if we could even possibly make a mod day out of it?

My place is usually pretty crowded so if anyone has a better place to do it, that'd be awesome too.

I'm pretty much free every weekend so let me know :)

Thanks heaps!

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Where did you get the replacement turbo? Brand new CHRA or 2nd hand unit? (Does it have the comp housing on it?)

crazynick505

Doing mad Helis
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nick
Drive
'96 Galant VR4 - 300kW
'19 Kia Stinger GT
'95 R33 Skyline
Where did you get the replacement turbo? Brand new CHRA or 2nd hand unit? (Does it have the comp housing on it?)

Just a second hand one with around 60k on it. It's the entire unit without lines etc

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Cool, very easy swap then, assuming the little Japs didn't assemble it with the v-band nut facing somewhere stupid.
Get new copper washers for everything. What are you doing for the oil drain gasket?

crazynick505

Doing mad Helis
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nick
Drive
'96 Galant VR4 - 300kW
'19 Kia Stinger GT
'95 R33 Skyline
This is what I have at the moment, not sure what I'm doing with any of the other gaskets.

What should I be grabbing?
1471248937812-221106075.jpg

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Oil drain gasket?
And did you get 4x12mm and 2x10mm copper washers in that multipack?
You don't need any of those big metal exhaust gaskets.

crazynick505

Doing mad Helis
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nick
Drive
'96 Galant VR4 - 300kW
'19 Kia Stinger GT
'95 R33 Skyline
I'll have to get onto those, I'll have a look around after work tomorrow.
These copper washers I found at home, but there are only 3x 3/8" washers. Where abouts should I look for the Oil drain and copper washers?

I grabbed all the gaskets because I was thinking everything was gonna come apart haha. I'll save them anyways :p

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
I had best luck for copper washers at a 'hose and fittings' shop.
I made my oil drain gaskets from gasket paper, but I would have rathered something better, I don't quite trust them.

crazynick505

Doing mad Helis
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nick
Drive
'96 Galant VR4 - 300kW
'19 Kia Stinger GT
'95 R33 Skyline
I had best luck for copper washers at a 'hose and fittings' shop.
I made my oil drain gaskets from gasket paper, but I would have rathered something better, I don't quite trust them.

I'll have a look around brendale tomorrow and see if I can find anything. Thanks man

I have a feeling it'll be hard to find these oil drain gaskets? Might just end up doing the same possibly

Cameron McPherson

#Skids4Jesus
Lifetime Member
First Name
Cameron
Drive
1997 White Legnum VR4
2010 50cc Scooter - Daily
Tme Steve will have oil drain gaskets. I got mine from him along with my other gaskets.

I'm keen provided I'm free. I work Sats so only have Sundays on the weekends free. But let me know when you're doing it and I'll try to make it. Just concentrate on getting your stuff done on the day, rather than a full blown workshop day.

Also do rocket cover gaskets, tube seals and VK22 spark plugs while you're at it. Also COP if you don't already have it ;)

crazynick505

Doing mad Helis
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nick
Drive
'96 Galant VR4 - 300kW
'19 Kia Stinger GT
'95 R33 Skyline
Tme Steve will have oil drain gaskets. I got mine from him along with my other gaskets.

I'm keen provided I'm free. I work Sats so only have Sundays on the weekends free. But let me know when you're doing it and I'll try to make it. Just concentrate on getting your stuff done on the day, rather than a full blown workshop day.

Also do rocket cover gaskets, tube seals and VK22 spark plugs while you're at it. Also COP if you don't already have it ;)

Alrighty I'll get on to Steve in that case, thanks man :)

I've got the rocker gaskets coming with the tube seals so that part should be sweet. I'll have a look at those spark plugs too. COP kit is already sorted ;)

Covers are already painted but I wouldn't mind changing the blue, they are a bit too light

Cameron McPherson

#Skids4Jesus
Lifetime Member
First Name
Cameron
Drive
1997 White Legnum VR4
2010 50cc Scooter - Daily
Lemme know if you do want to paint them - I have a spare set I can swap you so you can pre-paint them and just give me your old ones when you're done.

crazynick505

Doing mad Helis
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nick
Drive
'96 Galant VR4 - 300kW
'19 Kia Stinger GT
'95 R33 Skyline
Lemme know if you do want to paint them - I have a spare set I can swap you so you can pre-paint them and just give me your old ones when you're done.

Oh sweet :D
In that case I might grab those and do that maybe Friday or Saturday. Thanks heaps man!

crazynick505

Doing mad Helis
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nick
Drive
'96 Galant VR4 - 300kW
'19 Kia Stinger GT
'95 R33 Skyline
Probably looking at doing this Sunday in that case. Providing the parts from Meek get here before then.

Also gonna chase up @TME_Steve for the oil drain, plugs and copper washers (y)

Top Bottom