HELP!!!

djhi

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
djhi
Drive
1997 vr4 legnum
hi guys tonight on the way home my legnum broke down :( its a auto and it was driving fine then i put my foot down to overtake and then it went no where revs went up but car didnt move just rolled on forward as i started to roll to a stop it would find sum drive but soon as the revs picked up a bit it would then feel like it slipped out of gear and would only rev when i put pedal down (even softly) i limped it to a mates house one street away and left it for tomorrow but im not to shore whats wrong, has anyone had this? or does anyone no what it could be?

Lasiorhinus

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Stephen
Drive
White FL Legnum
It sounds like your transmission has gone into limp mode. Are there any fault codes? (ie, is the Check Engine light or any other warning lights on or flashing?)

djhi

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
djhi
Drive
1997 vr4 legnum
It sounds like your transmission has gone into limp mode. Are there any fault codes? (ie, is the Check Engine light or any other warning lights on or flashing?)
the check engine light comes on every now and again with the trackson control light so i tender to ignorne them hahahha i have checked for eror codes yet was thinking maybe a gear select solinoid maybe :( i hopefully get the car towed home today so i can check error codes

djhi

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
djhi
Drive
1997 vr4 legnum
K so went to the car today and got codes from what i can tell the only ones i got at 2 vac error witch ive kinda always had (bleeder valve??) There was a puddle of ATF under car so might have just busted a line from tranny cooler!? But i couldnt be seen working on the car cos if they new it was broken they would get it towed and i got it booked for free tow tommorrow. So can someone have a look at this code and tell me what they see pls

djhi

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
djhi
Drive
1997 vr4 legnum
yer i read this thats how i new it was vac leaks but im just want to double check with someone that im not missing a code to me its only the engine light and tcl light giving out a code??? but there is alot smarter people on here then me hahahah alot

G

Unregistered
It looks like your transmission (flashing N light) has codes 41 and 45. And was the N light flashing when you were limping it home? It was likely doing a constant blinking.

code41.JPG

code45.JPG

I couldn't find an English version for code 45, so here's what Google translate says...

Code No. 45 shift completion is not completed 5 speed <5 A / T>

After shifting to the 5th speed, the value obtained by multiplying the output shaft speed sensor output by the 5th speed gear ratio is input.
If it does not match the force shaft speed sensor output, code No. 45 is output.
When code No. 45 is output four times, it is fixed to 3rd speed, when the N range lamp is 1 Hz flickers.

Probable cause
- Input shaft speed sensor problem
- Output shaft speed sensor problem
- UD clutch retainer problem
- Direct planetary carrier failure
- 2ND Brake system fault
- OD clutch system fault
- DIR clutch system fault
- Noise generation

Top Bottom