High-vis dash

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Question: What is the difference between the high-visibility dash and the non-high-vis in the Type V? Is it just that the high-vis lights up whenever the car is on, while the other only comes on with the lights?

G

Unregistered
hi vis... dark when powered off, el-look lighting

dash.jpg

non hi-vis... seen all the time, standard booring etc....

IMG_0274.JPG

how to change it... here

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
hrmmm, that DIY is not entirely easy to read.....

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Hmm... If one were to take the standard dash instruments and mount a piece of tinted perspex (or otherwise tint the existing clear screen) and stick a relay in to power the dash lights constantly from the ignition (instead of coming on with the headlights) do you think you'd end up with pretty much the same end result as the high-vis without having to replace the whole cluster?

G

Unregistered
Amateurs ! The Supers are still the best in this department . hahahahahahaha Trevor i'd go the high vis dash i doubt the tinting idea would look as good but it would look better than standard.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
:rolleyes: *rolls eyes* Um yes... I just thought it would be a good option for those rolling in Type V's ;)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
the dash is fairly easy to get hold of here in NZ.

I'm going to be doing the mod as on that Netherlands page soon on my ST-R, depending on how well it works, I can see that there will be some demand in Aus for the dashes :)

marksanne

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Mark
Drive
1999 8G VR2 Galant & 1996 8G VR4 Galant

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Trav you could just do what I'm gonna have a play with - wire some purple LED's in behind the instrumentation. I've got some LEDs coming from Hong Kong so I'll let you know if this is worthwhile once I get around to it.

@SiliconAngel: it's the little mod you'd need to do to the existing connectors to swap the standard dash for the HC version.

It is explained on (google-translated) this Dutch page:
http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.galantfans.nl%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D498+&langpair=nl%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8

(Brad had put this link in his topic already, but it's easy to read over it)
Thanks for the link Mark. Didn't realise it was so involved to change them over, but at least there's a good tutorial for it.

I guess that's why I was even thinking about it - if you can get the same functionality from your original dash fairly easily maybe that would help people achieve the same end result with a whole lot less money and effort.

Hmm anyone who upgrades to high-vis (High-Contrast or HC) who wants to donate their stock one in the name of experimentation let me know ;)

G

Unregistered
Hey Trav they are like the high vis ones but they also have a blue purple glow around the numbers..just check out the blurry photo I have on my member's ride.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Yep, go the Super VR-4 purple glow high-vis dash!

I thought that feature was standard on all VR-4's until it was pointed out to me by Steve (snickells) during one of the meets :)

Top Bottom