No central locking or high vis dash?

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
Hey guys while the Legnum has been off the road I played around with the power supply for the amp.
I did have it hooked to te battery, but then moved it to the 100a fuse under the hood fuse box. Left it for a while and the battery died (which I expected not being driven for 4 weeks or so) but now my central locking doesn't work with the remote or the drivers controls and the dash doesn't light up( the needles do, but not the hi vis dash)
It seems like everything else works.
The car started tonight( strangely the battery recharged itself :/ ) and still no dash or central locking..
I've checked the under bonnet and drivers fuse boxes with nothing shorted.

Any ideas what I could be?
I relocated the amps 12v wiring back onto the battery incase that was the problem but still no locking or dash...

leggei007

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeff Stewart
Drive
88 Astra turbo n 2012 Holden Cruze diesel hatch
I'll do some tests with mine to see what I can find out as it could be something more serious but who knows its prolly something very simple

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Cheers Jeff..
Yeah I assumed something simple too but all the fuses are still intact and I'm sure I reconnected the power goin in and out of both the 100a and 60a fuses/breakers in the fuse panel ( both have the same 12v supply from the battery)

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
I'll also add I just found out I have no air con/heater
The actual unit turns on and functions but the fan won't work..

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
A mate of mine suggested doing a full ECU reset. Apparently it's a commo problem after disconnecting the battery on Mitsubishis if you don't have a 'memory minder' plugged in?
I know an engine ECU reset (battery off hold brake to drain system power and then reconnect it,
But he says there will be a full ECU reset to reset the whole cars electrical system)

leggei007

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeff Stewart
Drive
88 Astra turbo n 2012 Holden Cruze diesel hatch
I left my battery off for 24hrs n it was quite fine afterwards n it ran better than before. What it suggesting should work as the ECU more than likely needs a complete reset, keep us updated on ur progress

Cheers Jeff

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Thanksfor checking that Jeff
Yeah ijust have to find the ECU reset sequence to give it a try...

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
It's the 100a fuse. It might look like its working, but it's not. Replace it to fix your issues :)

(I had the EXACT same issue by the way :))

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Thanks Dawso for the sake of $5 I'll try that before anything. (pain in the arse to replace though haha)
So even though the fuse itself is intact it could still be playing silly buggers?

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum Mint with 44589ks when I got it. Now with black leather seats. After 3 years of fun some terminal engine bay wiring issues raised their ugly heads and it died. I Now drive a 2002 Legnum and have retired the 2000 to spare parts duty.
Hi, I have a similar problem with my Legnum. I was playing around in the dashboard changing the japanese radio and the lamps in the doors, the interior lights stoped working. Later found that the High Vis dash isnt working either. I have a copy on dvd of the workshop manual that I am trying to navigate through but cant find a wiring diag. All the fuses check out but the trouble shooting section points to something called an ETACS-ECU Any ideas what and where that is.

I found a 10A fuse under the bonet that looked ok but was oc on the meter, I then had head unit working and then disconnected the battery for a few minutes and everything came good.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Roberty, you blew a fuse.. check the fuses under the driver side console..

if fuse keeps blowing then you have a short somewhere.. trace back your action so you can find out if what had happened

Top Bottom