HJ Galant v6 Fans wiring

karl_2ltgc

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Karl
Drive
Galant
Anyone have a HJ galant v6 who can sort out a wiring problem i have.

The second smaller fan on the radiator(passenger side) has a group of two wires/connectors at the top and another one that runs from the fan, but i dont know to were, the connecter is the same as the other two.
Ive just put a new front end on mine but i cant find anywere for this other connector and if i plug the top two in, the fan is on all the time even with ignition off.

Anyone have a HJ galant who can answer this for me, or even someone in the SE suburbs who can let me take a squiz under their hood.

Cheers Karl

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Steve, I used to be a HJ owner.. and I know exactly what the problem is..

you didn't connect up the resistor pack that came with the oem radiators..

it looks like a white old looking ceramic fuse.. once you connect them up, you'll be fine.

i'll search up my old car's pic and post them up..

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
Karlhere are some pics.. hope they help..

here's a pic of the resistor pack that i was talking about... apologies for the very clear picture, I think i used a 2 megapixel camera phone..

anyway if you follow the wire that splits into 2.. that goes into the resistor/ballast (there's a square metal with hole in the middle).. this is fitted to the factory HJ radiator fan (passenger side).. when I upgraded my old HJ's radiator to a bigger one which was from the e84a VR4.. i tried to connect it all up without the resistor/ballast and it just kept running.. so what I did was I returned the resistor/ballast and connected it back and it worked fine ever since..
image_00061.jpg

I think this was the setup it had on the HJ's radiator fan.. (passenger side)
image_00060.jpg

and from memory i only had to exchange one of the fan from the VR4 model ( I think it was the passenger side)

the wires that you see in the picture below is from the factory HJ radiator fan setup (driver side).. which you have to connect up to the remaining connectors..
image_00059.jpg

karl_2ltgc

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Karl
Drive
Galant
So i just plug the resistor plug in and leave the other one of the two at the top blank then???

You help is much appreciated!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
you're still supposed to connect it otherwise you'll only have 1 fan running...

karl_2ltgc

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Karl
Drive
Galant
Driver side is all plugged in fine, the two connectors are done up.

Its the passenger side thats got two connectors at the top that go to the two at the loom, then there is the resistor wire with no were to go.

If i do the top two on either side an leave the resistor one the pass fan runs the entire time. Or i can only plug on at the top an plug the resistor in to the other one.

Problem is i got no were for one plug on the passenger side to go. ive just got the two connectors on each side. but i got 5 plugs in total.

Top Bottom