Holy F***ing Sh*t

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
WOW!!!! thats a really sad end to an awesome looking car. I'd guess you claim insurance of the driver and then sell us lots of parts

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Was going to say it didnt look too bad, but then I saw the passengers side and it looks as if a bomb went off next to it.

Hopefully insurance will sort this out for you. But then you will have to wait for another one all over again.

652541trucksmashonfreew.jpg

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Did the transport company offers an insurance option? if you took an insurance to cover for the transport then you'll be fine they'll pay for the damage or even pay the whole car if it is written off. But if you didn't, then bad luck.

Call the transport company and ask the questions that concerns your car.

EDIT: shorgun on the wing!!!

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
Steve he has a galant already he brought the legnum for a mate but the mate said he didn't want it in the end because he doesn't have the cash... I'll have to wait till I get home to see the bid won't work on my phone

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
I did get freight insurance but it should be covered by the other trucks insurance as it was his fault

G

Unregistered
OMFG! That's nasty and extremely unlucky to have your own car on it! I hear about this earlier on the news!

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Devastated for you mate. Did you find out about this by chance or did the company call you with the bad news?

Don't worry about the car so much, it will be covered under insurance.

Doesn't make it any less shit for you though I guess :(

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
A workmate saw the truck broken down before it got smashed so I had my hopes up that I'd get it today or tomorrow. Then another workmate mentioned the smash and I thought he was joking until my sis rang me and told me to go on adelaide now website.

Bugz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Sam
Drive
Trigger Manual Legume.. Couple of Rollas.
Now that farking sucks.

Fortunate the circumstances you were in, but still, was a beast of a leggy beforehand :(

Jonno

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jon
Drive
97 Black Legnum, VL Berlina Turbo
Sucks man, was so close after so many headaches...
Like I said on the phone, I'll can give you a hand with stripping it or anything.

I would think you'd be able to remove what ever you wanted from the car before the insurance evaluates it, it is your car afterall, considering the insurance company probably wont cover any accessories, just the value of the car itself.
Send us an sms if you get any updates.. I'll still take the wheels and coilovers pending price and condition ;)

G

Unregistered
I think you'll probably find that it'll all be impounded due to a fatality.
When you speak to the transport company, be respectful, one of their drivers died.
It should be covered first by the insurance that you signed for, and backed up by the insurance company of the other truck.
let them duke it out.
When you speak to them, ask them who the insurance representative/agent is so you can call them and discuss what you want to do directly.
Maybe also ask for copies of all the relevant parts of the contract so you know what you can claim, what you cant, and what you can take irrespective of the claim.
Make sure you are prepared to give copies of all your paperwork on the car, Import fees, charges, a value of YOUR time spent organising everything (whats your time worth? i value mine at $150 p/h) as thats what you'll be claiming as fair loss.
Its probably also a good idea to have a chat with a solicitor after your first call to the insurance.

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
There is a bigger picture in all this that a man died for no reason and I'm devastated about it especially after ringing the car carrier company to find out what my next move is. It was a tragic event and what happened to my car is a minor part of that event.

If everyone can be a bit patient with what I'm going to do with the car and I will post my next move. I think it should be classed as 3rd party property damage so they should pay for damages and I still keep the car(correct me if I'm wrong).

I was looking forward to driving it to compare it to my relatively stock galant and all the work I did to get it and the work other people had done just to have this happen.

Top Bottom