Holy F***ing Sh*t

M

Mitchie

Unregistered
I'm sorry to hear about this mate, I really hope thing's get sorted out for you soon.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
That's just so random and unlucky :(

Agreed on the civilised actions to take when talking to the transport company... it will count a long way to a speedy resolution.

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
haha how shit is that!

thats the car i took for a spin and took photos of! what a shame, it was a nice looking car. Have dibs on the carbon fibre bonnet!

Who does the car go to anyway?

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Can a mod please remove all the scragging vulture posts from this thread? They are seriously uncool given the circumstances. I'm sure Mathew will post up if and when he wants to part out the car.

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
^^ +1

Sorry to hear mate..you must be devastated..but i'm pretty sure insurance will sort everythign out IN DUE TIME and you will be compensated for the loss..

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
D:

My condolences.

I was mind numbingly paranoid to ensure everything was insured to the eyeballs before I'd even seen my car. Even arranging full comp from the car park of dept. of transport after picking up my plates. But for this to happen after so much time and effort and before you'd even gotten behind the wheel...man, things can only get better from here right?

Everything will work out, imagine the good times to be had transplanting the go fast bits ;)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
RIP to the poor guy at the bus stop :(

But thats some really bad luck there Matt. You'll get the payout in the end - hopefully you can get the car instead/as well.

Thread cleaned up of vultures too - if i see it again, it will be cleaned again.

G

Unregistered
I could so play the devils advocate about this whole thing....especially about this bit

There is a bigger picture in all this that a man died for no reason and I'm devastated about it...

however, in hindsight *keeps mouth shut about the whole scenario and lets people allow it to affect them however they choose*

ciao.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
I just dont think its appropriate to ask about parts when he doesnt even have a clue if/how/when he may get posession of the car - Thus why I removed the posts. Not because a person died - thats just a tragic part of the events that lead to the thread about "what do i do now" not "who wants to put dibs on bits" ;)

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Even though I want to join the group of vultures I'll try and take the high ground here.

That sucks balls! What an unfortunate accident for all those involved. The truth of the matter is that cars and trucks are dangerous weapons and this just shows what happens when you don't give all of your attention to the task at hand.

ZEUSvsHADES

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jared
Drive
manual 97 COTY legnum
far out, that would have been scary. terrible that somebody died and some people were injured.
Lachlan could you please spoon feed me as to how the semi guy wasnt paying attention, i did read it all, even the article on the link but i cant grasp how or where the semi guy was said to not be paying attention

so tempting to be a vulture.....especially with that HOT rear wing hanging off the back

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
far out, that would have been scary. terrible that somebody died and some people were injured.
Lachlan could you please spoon feed me as to how the semi guy wasnt paying attention, i did read it all, even the article on the link but i cant grasp how or where the semi guy was said to not be paying attention

so tempting to be a vulture.....especially with that HOT rear wing hanging off the back

Woops, my bad! Just re-read it again, got the article confuzled up. Yesterday I read a ridiculously similar story of a truck smash, must have been a different one. Some truck driver dude was going down some road, wasn't looking, brakes late usual story. F*ck I need to go to bed. I shouldn't have assumed it was the same story, and we all know assumptions are the mother of all f*ck-ups.

Also, hands off my wing! :p

ZEUSvsHADES

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jared
Drive
manual 97 COTY legnum
lol yeh i need to go to bed too
and i guess its first in best dressed, so if he parts out the car you had better be watching for his fs thread as i will be watching like a hawk :D

smitty

Sm'arter than the aver'age bear...!
First Name
Alex
Drive
98 FL Galant Type S Manual, FG XR6, VY Acclaim, MQ Triton GLS
"Food glorious food..." mi gawd....

Seriously though, thats a shit run of luck there, for everyone.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Pretty much every other car on the transporter is ok too, the commodore has a bit of damage but that would easily be repairable. A real shame all round.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
I've never considered this before, but I wonder if they put the cheapest car on the truck last because that would be the one most likely to be damaged.

Given the circumstances, the other truck driver did well to avoid any more carnage than what happened. He managed to miss two arrester beds on the way down the hill because of heavy morning traffic blocking them. He probably feels gutted about that other driver dying, but he did an exceptional job in the circumstances.

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Bloody hell! ... that is some terrible luck. At least insurance will cover you, but it won't fix the heartache from having to wait longer. Sorry to hear about this buddy. Best of luck sorting it out, hopefully won't be too big of a headache for you.

I know of a great black replacement legnum when you get the insurance payout. ;)

Top Bottom