Holy F***ing Sh*t

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
I've never considered this before, but I wonder if they put the cheapest car on the truck last because that would be the one most likely to be damaged.

Given the circumstances, the other truck driver did well to avoid any more carnage than what happened. He managed to miss two arrester beds on the way down the hill because of heavy morning traffic blocking them. He probably feels gutted about that other driver dying, but he did an exceptional job in the circumstances.

They struggled to get it on any truck cos of how low it was. It was due in last week but didn't have a truck to accomodate it.

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
Bloody hell! ... that is some terrible luck. At least insurance will cover you, but it won't fix the heartache from having to wait longer. Sorry to hear about this buddy. Best of luck sorting it out, hopefully won't be too big of a headache for you.

I know of a great black replacement legnum when you get the insurance payout. ;)

As mentioned earlier I have the galant, this was for a mate who then backed out. So I was going to sell it

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
As mentioned earlier I have the galant, this was for a mate who then backed out. So I was going to sell it

So you caused the accident for an insurance claim so you wouldnt have to worry about onselling
phear.gif

In all seriousness though, I hope that whatever happens you dont lose anything on the value of the car... i.e. they tell you market value is something stupid like $8k and that's all you end up with.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
My mate drove past and rang me saying that he saw a Legnum on the back all smashed up... damn mate that really hurts :(

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
So you caused the accident for an insurance claim so you wouldnt have to worry about onselling
phear.gif

In all seriousness though, I hope that whatever happens you dont lose anything on the value of the car... i.e. they tell you market value is something stupid like $8k and that's all you end up with.

Thats my top concern cos its close to $15k that it owes me. I have a mate at Allianz giving me advice too and I think they are handling the case

-T8-

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tate
Drive
WRX CSE5, 7g galant
R.I.P to the unlucky man at the bus stop, very unfortunate.

If the CR work kai's arn't damaged, someone should try put them on their vr4

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
R.I.P to the unlucky man at the bus stop..
and possibly a set of CR work kai's :(

I know it's probably not the case having now know you a bit, but I sincerely hope you're not equating a man's life to a set of wheels Tate.

G

Unregistered
Hi Matt, just been made aware of this. That really, really sucks.... I can't believe it. I'll shoot you an email, if I can do anything to help out with the insurance claim or anything else let me know. I even saw your car at compliance when I was down there a few weeks ago, it was so nice :(

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
Thanks Ben and Craig for your help in getting the car hopefully it will be a quick and painless process.

justdo

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Daniel
Drive
2000 evo 6.5 TME
I was around Wingfield today,drove past Adelaide car express and saw the carnage of what happened yesterday,the legnum is a big mess!!!!! sitting in there yard,such a tragic accident.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Good luck getting this mess sorted out Mathew, I'm sure there wont be too many problems seeing how much media attention this accident has received.

On a more sour note, I'm not at all impressed by how many posts had to be deleted about you tools putting "dibs" on parts! Seriously! Chill out ladies! Don't you all think that if someone was going to be selling bits off a wreck they would TELL everyone? Next time, just back down a little bit.

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
Sorry to see this Matt.... Hope all is resolved quickly.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Indeed Kristian, as far as parts go, I'm sure that as soon as the car's fate is decided there will be a new thread going up to indicate what parts (if any) are going to be for sale. Lets leave it out of this thread.

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
$15K? Ouch...
Thats including other extras I've organised outside the normal costs when importing. I might be exaggerating I haven't checked my total on the invoices yet. I'm more concerned with what the insurance company will offer

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Such a sad and tragic incident, and omfg that sucks about your car dude.. Hopefully you're covered fully

Top Bottom