how much is the red ayc light on dash going to cost me

G

Unregistered
ayc has been hitting 1-2 bars while driving in a straight line for a few weeks now.. have not had the money to get someone to look at it or even anyone with enough brains in this town to even know what ayc is.

as i cam around my corner heading home tonight on came the red ayc light

what does this generally mean and how much am i looking at falking out

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I would make sure all the tyres have equal tread depth on them and are the same type. Then pump them up to the same pressure all round.

Then reset the ecu by disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes. Take it for a drive and see what happens.

Worst case you will have worn out the clutch packs (new diff) or the pump (new pump) by driving it like that for so long, which by the way, you shouldn't have been driving it! You should have at least asked us as soon as you saw it, as it may be as simple as pumping up the tyres.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Red AYC light on means that the AYC ECU has disengaged the AYC.

G

Unregistered
I would make sure all the tyres have equal tread depth on them and are the same type. Then pump them up to the same pressure all round.

Then reset the ecu by disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes. Take it for a drive and see what happens.

Worst case you will have worn out the clutch packs (new diff) or the pump (new pump) by driving it like that for so long, which by the way, you shouldn't have been driving it! You should have at least asked us as soon as you saw it, as it may be as simple as pumping up the tyres.

car went for a wheel alignment/ pressure check and rotation yesterday so thats all good, i did mention it a while back in my thread where i was asking about whineing rear diff ( mabe i should not have been driving it, but i got to get to work somehow, and im not walkinh over 150km each day)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
You can drive it, but you should have pulled the fuse to lock the dif and disengage the pump.

Have you had the AYC system fully serviced? If not, that's the FIRST thing I'd do. If you have all new fluids throughout, it's been properly bled of air, all four rims and tyres are correctly balanced with the same tire pressure and tread depth and you've had a wheel alignment and you're STILL getting bars up on the AYC then you have some other problem. It could be the gyro misreading or some other electrical problem - you'd need to hook up a proper MUT-II to diagnose what sensor was telling the system the vehicle was cornering. It could even be a wheel bearing causing that wheel to pull or a bent steering component (although any tire / alignment shop should be able to pick something like that up).

While the red AYC light could also be caused by a dodgy pump or the pressure switch playing up (or just needing the pressure level changed, which means a new switch), neither of these should be causing the AYC bars in a straight line.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Did it get better or worse after the wheel alignment? Do all the tyres have equal grip?

Do the lights go off if you turn a bit to the left or right?

G

Unregistered
i dont wanna brag,but i dont seem to have any problems relating to any AYC funded problems lol,this is the 3rd forum on ayc probs in 1 week lol,no1 out there got any dirt on a non ayc diff?? hmmmm im yet to blow a non ayc diff,dopubt i will eva lol,touch wood,GO ...NON AYC!!!!!!!!!!

G

Unregistered
i dont wanna brag,but i dont seem to have any problems relating to any AYC funded problems lol,this is the 3rd forum on ayc probs in 1 week lol,no1 out there got any dirt on a non ayc diff?? hmmmm im yet to blow a non ayc diff,dopubt i will eva lol,touch wood,GO ...NON AYC!!!!!!!!!!

bit hard to have an AYC related issue when you don't have AYC, isn't it?

G

Unregistered
thanx brad,its simple ,unplug,unbolt equals un opened wallet and loss of money,simple,kinda like 2 minute noodles...

G

Unregistered
so you can get non-ayc rear diffs and installation, for free can you?

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
thanx brad,its simple ,unplug,unbolt equals un opened wallet and loss of money,simple,kinda like 2 minute noodles...

If your rear diff starts resembling 2 minute noodles, it's definitely time to get it looked at...

G

Unregistered
since the wheel alignment there has been a decrease in the ayc activating during straight line driving,i dont think i have seen it hit 2 bars since, could the camber on the rear wheels have anything to do with it either?

also red ayc light was not on the next morning... and have not seen it since

Top Bottom