How to value your car when selling

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Once complied, mine cost me just under 10k in 2007/8 (I think?). I did the brembo conversion, Evo 5 recaros, better clutch, strengthened transfer box, rebuilt ayc diff, Evo 5 enkeis, 3" cat back system with HKS super drager muffler and god know what else I've forgotten. Sold it at about 160,000 kms

Sale price?

$9000.

Don't expect to make money or break even. You lose money on cars and must be prepared to accept that. Most people don't see mods as value adding. They think 'thrashed'.

tsai1

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Ben
Drive
01 legnum
If people are are undecided about selling your cars I would make up your mind quickly before the government relaxes the import laws and the 2nd hand market is flooded with cheap imports. because the value of our cars will drop. On the plus side evo wagons should become available.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
^ shhh u ;-)

Everlongdrummer

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Brett
Drive
R34 GTT
I bought mine for 9k with 125k on the clock. I've spent exactly 8k fixing it up and I've only had it for just over a year. I knew they were expensive to maintain but I got hit with major repairs one after the other that I could not avoid; the only other option was to scrap it.

There is no way I will make more than 8-9k back on it but I love the car and will enjoy it with all the new bits on it. At least I can prove to the future buyer that most of the things that can go wrong have already been dealt with, unlike when I took a gamble on it.

Top Bottom