How worried should I be????

Johnny_k

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Johnny
Drive
97 COTY Legnum & 09 Astra
Hey guys and girls, So I have had her for 2 days, and all of a sudden im worried.

When stopped at lights or stop signs. I think the engine check light comes on and the TCS turns on and will not turn off again...

I only noticed this today for the first time and im a little concerned.

She's a 97 COTY Legnum.

Johnny_k

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Johnny
Drive
Will do.. took me 10 mins just to find the thread on how to do that.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
The good ol' check engine light and tcl light combo. I think most auto drivers have seen that. Don't be too stressed mate, doesn't mean much.

Johnny_k

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Johnny
Drive
Ok checked it, (engine) Its 41 Injectors System and (TCS) 75 Engine ECU strains - Can anyone offer me anymore info on these. Is this a common combo and im no longer getting engine check light up. However TCS wont always turn back on.
VID HERE

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Is this the cracked canister next to the fire wall problem??

Johnny_k

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Johnny
Drive
Cracked canister? What am i looking for?

Johnny_k

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Johnny
Drive
I have done some good searching but cant find anything that proposes or has a solution. The 1 or 2 i found refered to each other and seems like the last thing suggested was the white canister. Well i have sealed up that cannister it no fix. However my CEL comes on all the time when on the brake stopped and upon take off goes off again and so on so forth. If anyone can link the relevant threads id really apreciate it as my searches have revealed nothing conclusive. Who knows though as you need to know the right terminology when using search fuction. Also i havent re checked my diag codes again, will do it this arvo.

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Check the one way valve between the plenum and canister, that may have failed as well. Could also be a crack in the vacuum line. Lots to check mate unfortunately.

Top Bottom