Should i b worried, weird fast idle

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
02 vr4 galant, 92 vr4, 85 starion
When i started my car 2 leave work yesterday the fast idle went up 2 1800rpms and dropped 2 800rpms but corrected itself and went back 2 fast idle? should i b worried about this first time, and only just had car serviced. Put a fuel cleaner in tank about a week ago and its alway been filled with 98 bp? Can anyone reflect on this matter should i reset the ecu or just keep an eye on it the car itself is a 02 galant vr4 with 85000kms never missed any services in Japan or Aust. thanks

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
No i havent had the battery disconnected, going 2 change the battery but worried about the airbags going off? Should i reset ecu?

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
If you change the Battery, that will reset the ECU, have I missed something, Your not removing the steering wheel anytime soon? The air bags would deploy if you take a sledge hammer to the bumper though.... (sorry poor attempt at humour) Truly I wouldn't be concerned about the Airbags if your only changing the battery....

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
Ok thanks for reply, never owned car with airbags before thats all and wanted to make sure. Someone told me to be careful, didnt think it would be a problem thanks again time for battery upgrade.

Top Bottom