Should I be worried?

wraith73

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Steve
Drive
Mitsubishi Colt, Patrol, Pulsar Q
Over the last couple of days, I've noticed my car's fan (dash) has come on by itself when I've started the car, after being parked for a couple of hours or more. It blows at max speed, but nothing comes up on the little screen to indicate the fan is on. It turns off after I press the 'off' button (at least that works properly).
If I turn it on manually, the screen displays the fan speed bars like normal & everything appears to work fine.

Any suggestions?

G

Unregistered
Do you have the aircon turned on and what temp is it set at

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Could the A/C be in auto mode??? hmmmm maybe not if the fan bars dont display on the screen accordingly.

wraith73

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Steve
Drive
A/C turned off. Fan not on when ignition last turned off (I don't use the fan all that much anyway). Temp had been set to various temps each time.

Nothing on screen to suggest in auto mode. Screen just displays what you'd see when fan & A/cond turned off.

G

Unregistered
Strange. I would check the 2 plugs in the back of the unit are fully pushed in

wraith73

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Steve
Drive
OK... did that. 1 plug clicked (wasn't hanging out, but obviously not quite all the way in), so I'm hoping that's fixed it. Didn't come on with I started it just then. I guess I'll know for sure when I go home in a few hours.

Thanks for the help.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Yeh those plugs are buggers... Mine appeared to be clipped once when my A/C was playing up. Was ready to take it to a shop when i fiddled with the plugs and now all good.

wraith73

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Steve
Drive
Great , hope that's it sorted

So far so good. Started it this evening when leaving for work & the fan didn't come on!! I should have checked the plugs 1st (put new stereo in a couple of weeks ago, so had that stuff unplugged). I guess I always tend to expect the worst!!

Thanks again for the advice

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
oh, this reminds be. i should check my plugs for emergency blinking button. at night, light does not come one but blinkiers works.. where is my screw driver.

Top Bottom