Hows it going

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Hi Mate, have a look on the rear window for 3 x G stickers with jap writing on them. One is pink, one is blue and one yellow. This means the recall work has been done, unless someone has removed them. There is a thread on here somewhere about these stickers. All the Best.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
yeah i already knew about those stickers, checked the back and yeah they are all there, car looks good, sounds good, and yeah checked the LCA anyway even if they were recalled and they are fine too :).

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
Landcruiser is sold as of tomorrow :).

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
I am now the owner of a pre-facelift Galant vr-4, only one issue it seems, didn't notice when i was traveling slower on the test drive, but once i get up to speed, sounds like wheel bearing or something in the back, hopefully only that.

I'll get some pics asap :).

Cheers Mark.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
Thanks paulie, and it was from an import dealer brad, but car has no warranty.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
So ill just buy the part if that turns out to be the problem which im 90% sure, then ill get my mate to help me wack it on, also if anyone's interested, if someone could help me do the ayc for the first time, and help me with the switch unit as i'm hopeless with anything electrical, shout a case of beer or some cash to throw into your own car :p.

Cheers Mark.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Which import yard?

In regards to mechanicals after just buying, take it straight to MEEK for thorough checkover.

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Yes I agree, took my car there after i bought it and they told me everything I wan't to know and some. By the way what do you think the problem is?

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
Which import yard?

In regards to mechanicals after just buying, take it straight to MEEK for thorough checkover.

The place was prestige auto center in arncliffe, and yeah ill be calling meek tomorrow.

Yes I agree, took my car there after i bought it and they told me everything I wan't to know and some. By the way what do you think the problem is?

I believe it to be one of the rear wheel(hub) bearings, could not pinpoint while i was driving, i might jack it up tomorrow and see if i can find some play if i have the time.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
Had a look at the back end today as i had time and light, turns out it was only the tyres making the noise they were royally buggered, so put 2 new ones on the back now no problems.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
Car looks good! Get that spoiler off there! :p

Hahaha its the stock spoiler, i think it looks good, its not too big, and defines the back end a little more.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
When it comes to spoilers for the galant some hate it and some love it..I love it so I say keep it :)
I agree, i normally like no spoiler on cars like rx7's and supra's, but on the galant it adds something, bit bland without it.

Top Bottom