Hyundai Genesis

G

Unregistered
One of my mates owns a Hyundai Tiburon, and i always liked it but would never own it because it is front wheel drive. It appears that Hyundai have just released a new model called the Genesis to replace the Tiburon and comes in rwd with either a 2.0ltr turbo 4 or a 3.8ltr v6
icon_eek.gif
. Hyundai have used most of Mitsubishi's parts bin for a long time, and i would almost be certain that this car is no exception. I really like this car and i am considering buying one if it comes too Aus. For me it would be the 2.0ltr and option up with the Brembos and track spec pack with the 19 inch wheels and premium sound
icon_pimp.gif

DSC05295.JPG

DSC05265.JPG

I think Hyundai might have just got it right for once
icon_p.gif

http://www.hyundai.com.au/HYUNDAI-GENESIS-COUPE-GOES-INTO-PRODUCTION/default.aspx

A US review.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX-wgjIqyB8
What can be done
icon_drool.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNKDnZtf-Ws&feature=relate
And a dyno run with some mods
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_UN0cvXr7g

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I don't think there is much Mitsubishi engineering in the Genesis, if any at all. Hyundai have graduated to the big leagues and can go it alone now.

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
that is actually realy surprising,now way would those wheels and exhaust come stock

but i like it

G

Unregistered
now way would those wheels and exhaust come stock

Yeah i just put that pic up to show you guys how they are being modded allready. If you watch the review in one of the links, you will see the stock car.
Still looks sexy even in stock form imo:)

I don't think there is much Mitsubishi engineering in the Genesis, if any at all. Hyundai have graduated to the big leagues and can go it alone now.

You may very well be right, but i have a hunch that the 4cyl may be a close relative of the 4b11, found in the ralliart lancer and evox.

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
hey guys. i am korean and here is whats happening.

Hyundai is selling recordnumber of cars now in us. Genesis is really nice ar. yousee, korea is now a rich country now where dominating the world market in LCD's (LG and Samsung) softwares and semiconductors which sells the technology to US these days.

About the car. well, yes. Mr mitsu have been a great partner since the fiundation of Hyundai. But they bouthg lotus and extracted all the sports car tech and then sold it to proton. In korea, there are many Enzo's lambos, AMG's running around just like HSV's in syd. and all that and once again, they have a strong demands for high performance cars. Trust me. Koreans are one of the first people to have GTR35 from japs.

This car has been produced to compete with lexus and AMG's. this car is a machine. Hyundai had a programme silimar to toyotas where sendins engineers to overseas like jap, us, germany and italy to learn and develope technologies.

this car will eat most of v8's in aus.. let me tell you.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Looks really nice, can't really find a thing I don't like about it and could definitely see myself in one of these.
I'm driving my Dads 2007(?) Hyundai Terracan 4WD at the moment and it is put together more solidly in some interior aspects than the VR4's (as much as I hate to say it) and many modern cars. For example the scuff plates are standard metal and feel VERY solidly attached to the car, the carpet is really hard wearing, great standard stereo and it is generally built to last, although the leather isn't quality. Drives excellent on and off road as well.
My Mums mid 90's Hyundai Sonata has no serious wear on the interior, has never had a clutch changed in OVER 200,000km (slipping slightly now) and has never had any mechanical fault that wasn't cheap as chips to fix and she drives it hard and treats it pretty badly maitenance wise.
Hyundai's have always been pretty reliable and now they are bringing out cars that actually are kinda cool, and I never thought i'd say that about a Korean car company :p Be interesting where they are in 10 years.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I've been keeping an eye on the progress of this car. I've been saying for yonks that Hyundai is the one to look out for :) Can't wait to take one for a drive!

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
now thats an interesting car... im usually a hater of hyundi and say i wouldnt be seen driving one.. ever... but then they made the tib and i didnt mind that other than the front wheel drive factor... and now this... very interesting... my opinions are changing quite fast.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The guys on evolutionm have pulled one apart and the engine is basically a 4b11t with a different turbo and modifications to get it to fit into a rwd application. It is very close to the Lancer Ralliart engine, rather than the Evo engine.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
The guys on evolutionm have pulled one apart and the engine is basically a 4b11t with a different turbo and modifications to get it to fit into a rwd application. It is very close to the Lancer Ralliart engine, rather than the Evo engine.

I stand corrected!

At any rate, this is not the Hyundai we all grew up with...

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Hyundai = Cool :confused:

What has the world come to lol.... I like it, and I think I could put up with owning one :D

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Shame they canned the V8 version. That would've been interesting.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I actually really like that Genesis.. Hyundai seem to be picking up their game and starting to really appeal to me! The latest Tiburon, I actually think doesn't look too bad

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Why couldn't they make a twin turbo 2.5 or 3.0 V6 though?

There was no point making an i4 2.0 rwd coupe, we already have a perfectly good one available, they are called S15's and are much cheaper too :D

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Why couldn't they make a twin turbo 2.5 or 3.0 V6 though?

There was no point making an i4 2.0 rwd coupe, we already have a perfectly good one available, they are called S15's and are much cheaper too :D

...and no longer built.

This thing is keeping the RWD 4cyl flame burning and I'm so happy they didn't whack a 6 or a boat anchor in it.

Now all they need to do is bring it here.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Well there is the v6 option which imho is only 3.8 litres to 'one up' the 370z.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I'd TT the V6 if I had the ridiculous amounts of coin it'd take lol

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
That new Kia is a fail boat. The new Cerato and Soul are much better looking. Even if the Soul is a total Toyota Bb rip-off.

Top Bottom