I know its terrible, but be honest

G

Unregistered
You know that horrible feeling when you see (or even point out to friends) a car that you think is a legnum/galant from a distance, and when you get closer its something stupid? I've done it a few times and here are some of the cars i've mistaken a VR4 for:

'93 camry
VN commonwhore wagon
99 magna
and one night i caught up to a '03 subaru liberty wagon with great enthusiasm, only to notice what it actually was and drive home in dissapointment.:(

I think we all must have done this at some stage, so let me know some of your funny stories,

Cheers, Tim

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
I dont see any legnums/galants around except for mine and the occasional fleeting glimpse of another... Perhaps its just a QLD, Northside thing...

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I have to admit, I've been caught a few times around dusk thinking an oncoming commodore was a VR4 :(

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
mid 90s magnas with body kits and some model subarus

G

Unregistered
Yeah, some Liberty wagons look very similar from the rear.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I'm a major car nerd from way back, and I like to practise identifying cars based on the smallest of glimpses (like when all you can see is a C-pillar two lanes away in stopped traffic). Yeah I know, it's tragic. But so far I haven't mistaken anything else for a VR-4, or vice versa...

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Occasionally the arse-end of a Subaru Liberty Wagon will make me double-take, since it does have similarities to the Series II Legnums.

MUNGEL

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jess
Drive
99 Series II Legnum
^^ +1
They always get me. Gladly i haven't mistaken a magna for a galant/legnum yet. :)

G

Unregistered
With the wheel arch flares, rear spoiler and general body kit, the Magna Sportswagon does a fairly convincing impression of a Legnum too.

G

Unregistered
Stagea owners will never have this problem - I'm yet to mistake one for anything! lol

The newer BMW wagons look similar from behind, but alas I've usually only been stung with some Liberties as well.

I always seem to get people circling my car - I got a discount at a pet shop once because he liked my car! haha

JRVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 galant type V manual
Stagea owners will never have this problem - I'm yet to mistake one for anything! lol

Ahhh i mistake volvo's for stagea's, and stagea's for volvo's all the time. And yes like a lot of us on here i have been guilty of seeing the back of a liberty wagon from a distance and mistaking it for a legnum.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
The other day when I was booking in to get a wheel repaired the guy glimpses my car and goes "Ok, so it's a Nissan Stagea". I just looked at him for a sec with a funny look on my face and corrected him :p
On topic i've mistaken a few later model Magna wagons as Legnums and also a couple of later model Libertys. Always felt silly afterwards

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
I'm a major car nerd from way back, and I like to practise identifying cars based on the smallest of glimpses (like when all you can see is a C-pillar two lanes away in stopped traffic). Yeah I know, it's tragic. But so far I haven't mistaken anything else for a VR-4, or vice versa...

+1

although once i saw out of the corner of my eye, a liberty wagon rocket past, i turned around for a better look but then realized it was a suby

Top Bottom