I'm a RICER! - Red and yellow calipers

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Paint them black Christian to go with these :)

04a0_1_b.jpg

Did you ever get around to fitting these Christian? :D

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
I like the red and yellow combo, but I think I will paint my pads green too

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
J/K but the Brembo upgrade is very high on the "to do" list

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
Ok seriously guys.
Was about to start a new thread but thought if Im gonna get a bashing, you may as well know what you're bashing me about....

Brembo caliper covers......

I know I know. It aint Kosher, but hey (quote hilltop hoods here)it's so GRAVY it should come with a bowl of rice! I was going to paint the calipers red because it would look phat on my black leggie but then I thought , it's the same price to get those fake covers put on and as bad as it is, they would look pretty good.

So

A quick survey.
On a scale of 1 - 10 (1 being absolutely riced up and unimaginably wrong and 10 being riced up but acceptable given the options)

waddyathink?

(Keep in mind that I have got awesome pads on there atm and I dont ever intend on doing a proper upgrade to the real deal cause (just found out) wife is pregnant again! So no money spent on car for me for 2 week! (she is soup nazi)

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
-11ty billion!

more rice than chrome.

so let me get this right.. u wana cover ur calipers, minimising air flow, so they over heat.. but so people go whoa.. were those brembos with smoke pouring off.. kilaaa!

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
OMG Dimi

what were you thinking asking for a full blown pic, if he does that my keyboard will be covered in spew

"pet hate" - having to pick chunks out of my keyboard

Sorry Alex not possible to give you a score its so far off the end of the vomit meter

Dimi......... why did you delete your post....... now i'm going to come round and spew on your keyboard

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Instant ban from the site is the only answer to even a brief contemplation of buying those covers

G

Unregistered
Sorry dude that would be a big 0 from me. Painting the Calipers in one acceptable colour is fine (don't follow Christians lead with a two tone caliper), I have even considering painting mine, but do not, I repeat DO NOT get Brembo covers. If you get the covers i expect you to put a big Nismo sticker across your window and a 2JZ Inside sicker on the rear quarter panel (and any other accessory you can find at Autobarn, that you think will look cool). :p

But seriously NO. Paint them, even if its a bit more expensive, paint them. It protects the calipers from rust and such and it looks nice.

I will ban you if you put them on
I think we should have banned Christian for the two tone calipers. Give him time to think about what he did :p

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Lol, I wrote that before I saw Jason's comment.

Sorry but you really will be banned!

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
OK thanks.
Guess Im painting them then
One: valid reason of overheating - never even thought about that (ricer thoughts)
TWO: i LIKE THIS SITE AND i WANT TO STAY (AND I HATE RANDOM CAPS LOCK TOO!)
THREE: (fark off caps) upon careful reconsideration I was unable to purchase them because of the fact I was too busy punching myself in the face to click 'buy now'

again, thankyou to the greater consciousness (that's a hard word to spell!)that is OZVR4

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
LOL!
Hallelujah to the system!!

(there is this vicious rumour going 'round that someone was going to put fake brembo caliper covers on their VR4. OMG! Thank Christ for the system I say)

...whistles and sidles off

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I think we should have banned Christian for the two tone calipers. Give him time to think about what he did :p

LOL.. I posted it for laughter.. but as you all know I've got genuine Brembos now.. so you can't ban me anymore :p

VR4SUM.. Please don't buy the covers.. I know I painted my brakes with 2 tone colors, I laughed at myself for doing it.. it was something I wanted to see if it'll match.. but CLEARLY it didnt..

like what SteveP said.. those covers will minimise airflow.. and worse get chewed up by your rims while driving...

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Kat I think Dimi deleted his post because he was talking about Christian's calipers, then realised it was a post from 14 months ago :banghead:

I've restored it just 'cause I can :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom