Intermittent Blower motor

Alex Bridge

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Alex
Drive
2000 VR4 Legnum
Think I'm going to have to change my blower motor, is it possible to do it without removing the A/C condenser?

Altair6681

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
2001 Legnum VR4
1986 VL Commodore
1984 VK Commodore
2008 Ford Focus XR5
I was thinking that maybe it might have something to do with the recall on the connectors where if someone hits them with their feet (passenger side) then it can make the pins move and increase the resistance and cause them to get hot and start burning

YMM_Legnum

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Chris
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
"For the surface treatment of the connector installation location and the connector terminal of the power transistor for controlling the blower fan air volume is inappropriate, if applied external force by the occupant of the foot such as the connector, by the contact portion of the connector is a deviation, the contact resistance is increased sometimes fever temperature becomes higher. Therefore, the melting connector by its repetition, in the worst case, the blower fan becomes malfunction, there is a possibility that the defroster is ineffective"

This is from the translated recall notice I got from my car's history report that had this issue fixed.

Top Bottom