Intermittent engine stutter - coils plugs and leads replaced.. what next?

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
You probably just need to set up your tps correctly.
But it's never been touched? It's still got the paint on it from factory. So it might be failing.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
well my radiator top tank spit and i think the steam jet went into the air snorkel[because of under bonnet spray pattern] and f,d the maf thing ; resulting for will i or won,t i get home/ the rubber seal thing has basically gone on mine/ is your seal intact where it bolts on to the top of the radiator could not even see the split until i did a run arond the block [a week later- just to see you know] and wiped the top tank and seen it weeping out . is your water reservoir coolant thing dropping? - i better go and cook food now

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
found that sweet spot for TPS is 13.7% (done this on Dan's car)

originally thought 11 or 12% but car goes into stall mode then goes back into normal idling after..

What is the mV reading at 13.7% I readjusted my TPS after doing throttle body seals using works scan tool but only reads mV, did improve a little but still does it a lot.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Tps should be 13.3333%. No idea what that is in voltage though

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
You sure. I thought there were dead bands at either end?

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S, 2007 Kawasaki ZX14
Thanks Guys for the suggestions that gives me a bit to look at.. (my boost control is a 3 port managed by the ECU.. but yeah it happens off boost mostly..)

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
Update - i replaced the IFS (Ignition Failure Sensor) on top of the front rocker cover (about $40 from memory) and the stutter problem hasnt recurred - its been ok for a couple thousand kms now.. very happy. (Thanks Trotty for that suggestion)

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
just to close this, nearly 1 yr later and still no stutter so IFS was definitely the fix

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
They are funny nuggets of things. My car is now doing this again.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
I think mine has just gone. Where's the best place to source them?

Top Bottom