1998 Galant vr-4
There was one at auto fest this year... The body thing sounded amazing

Jay...

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jay
Drive
1998 Galant vr-4
Just got my new lifters, gonna cover in oil untill I get them in... Yes I've already read the good and bad about bleeding or not bleeding lifters before they go in but I've always oiled/bled lifters before I put them in and never had a problem so I'd rather stick to what I know

1468309419673162596171.jpg

Then organising with THE_Steve to get my ayc serviced as soon as my tax comes back as not 1 single "performance" shop around here wanted to do it and Mitsubishi had no idea what I was talking about... Would rather drive the 200 odd km's to get someone who knows what they're doing

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
that's the go, let us know when you're putting your lifters in and I can give you a hand, have done a few now. you got new rocker cover gaskets to go in? or yours are fine?

marc mtp

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
marc
Drive
legnum
Yeh done my lifters 6 months after I got it, not a sound when I brought it, gradually got worse was getting embarrassing so changed them. With a screw driver though lol. Slick d didn't offer me a hand lol

Jay...

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jay
Drive
1998 Galant vr-4
Haha that's the go @marc mtp
@slickd1 I have the lifter tool on its way and brakepro ordered me rocker gaskets, plug seals and an intake gasket which should all be here tomorrow... Going to do then at my mates workshop and change auto fluid and transfer fluid while I'm down there, trying to get it done before next weekend so I can take it for a run down to grudge kings for the day but I'm on day shifts until Monday then moving house so might just Park it at my mates shop and hope he does them for me haha

Jay...

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jay
Drive
1998 Galant vr-4
Got her in to get the front rotors machined and to de-glaze the pads, also going to switch the shifter around, fix my pipe blowing off and change transfer fluid...
Does anyone know what the plug in my picture is for? Possibly a Legnum thing? It's just clipped onto a blank trim
1468454879200162596171.jpg

Jay...

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jay
Drive
1998 Galant vr-4
De-glazed pads, waiting for rotors to get back, pulled pipe off to run t-bar clamps and run a bit bigger weld around it, adjusted my brake line so it doesn't rub on the inside of the rim at full lock, swapped the tiptronic back to the original way (turns out it was already changed) au is back to normal now, gaskets and goodies all turned up to do my lifters (just waiting on the tool) note just waiting on a hoist to be free to change the transfer oil...
1468463013975162596171.jpg

marc mtp

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
marc
Drive
legnum
Yeh wish I had a bigger shed to work in cant even get in my garage at moment to many projects, just got new second hand weather sheilds that will be my Saturday gone.

marc mtp

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
marc
Drive
legnum
Oh yeh I don't know what that plug is, looks yellow plug, mine has wiper heater, tcl, spare so the plugs are blue , yellow, then a Cleary white plug taped to the yellow one not plugged on spare in that order. So not to sure mate, slick d1 should know

Jay...

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jay
Drive
1998 Galant vr-4
Yeah nice, ended up leaving my transfer oil for now, couldn't get a hoist and didn't want to fuck around doing it on the ground... I got no asked at the moment either, not until i move next week then I'll have 2 thank fuck haha one will have my xe in it and all the spares for it and the other will be a workshop/mancave but leaving enough room to fit the galant hopefully

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
Yeah i was thinking wiper heaters or rear view mirror heaters.

Jay...

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jay
Drive
1998 Galant vr-4
Just playing round with a few different apps... Think I have a new avatar!!! It's not quiete spot on (Mitsubishi symbol is a bit off) but thought Its alright for my first edit.
2016-07-18_17.33.43.jpg

Reactions: Gav

Jay...

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jay
Drive
1998 Galant vr-4
NOTE: Anyone doing lifters be sure to not only put a rag in the turbo but ALSO IN THE OIL GALLERIES!!!!! Turns out the lifters fit straight down there

Reactions: Gav

marc mtp

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
marc
Drive
legnum
Yeh I found that two spray can caps cover the turbos nicely , and nearly lost the last lifter I changed down there ,scary lol

Jay...

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jay
Drive
1998 Galant vr-4
So after fishing through all the crap behind my stereo, i finally worked out why my rear camera wasn't working... Whoever has had the stereo it has put the plug into the "vid out" port instead of in the "rc in" port haha guessing they just matched the yellow with the yellow... Oops

Now to try and tidy up the wiring for the handsfree mic, rear camera, aux and usb connectors so everything works and is tidy
14695045315551902965840.jpg

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
What head unit is it in now? We had it working with the unit I installed

Top Bottom