DSC_0053.JPG

Reactions: Gav

Jay...

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jay
Drive
1998 Galant vr-4
Ok... So curiosity got the better of me and I wanted to hear the galant "flutter" went out to supercheap and surprisingly enough they actually had an adaptor that fit bought myself a pod filter, went over to bunnings and got some caps that go on the bottom of your table legs and home i went... Removed my air box, fitted the adaptor and pod filter and block my blow off valve, took it for a run in town and it didn't make much of a flutter, it was more of a "whoosh" sound if that makes sense, also felt like I actually lost power (not sure if it was just me thinking it did or not) so back home i went and put the stock airbox back in and ordered a k&n filter instead. I have the hard piping and bigger cooler so was thinking g it would sound ok but yeah... Changed it all back. Anyone interested in trying it I have a spare adaptor and pod you can try with but dare say you will change it back aswell.
1469767488726700138983.jpg

I'll drop some tags here for anyone that actually uses the search function: flutter, dose, fully sick vl turbo noise (haha), wastegate flutter (for the mechanically confused), stupid pigeon sound (haha). That'll do

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Yeah, with these cars if you have a pod filter it will make your car lose power because there's so much heat in the engine bay.

If you see most engine bays from members here you'd see they have the original air box or they might have a pod filter but have made a custom box around it to keep heat out.

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
Does it still have the Hks panel filter or has that been replaced?

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
Does it still have the Hks panel filter or has that been replaced?

Jay...

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jay
Drive
1998 Galant vr-4
So it wasn't just me thinking it lost power then @Gt_Galant, I'm not going crazy then lol and Nah @Gav just has a "dealership" style filter if that makes sense, white filter with grey plastic

LDundon

Violent Violet
Lifetime Member
First Name
Lindsay
Drive
Pearl White 1998 PFL Legnum
Hey @Jay... in in Newcastle now but I get back to Bathurst every now and then! Sounds like you're getting into the car fixing some stuff up etc! Well done!
Mine had a pod filter when I first got it but I swapped to an airbox as the pods mess with airflow past the MAF as well as the heat soak. If it's tuned with an airbox then even more of a reason to leave it be. :)
I'll be back in Bathurst on the 20th of Aug and will be putting a new slave and master in and a bleed. If you're keen for a catch up let me or @slickd1 know!
And regarding the random plug I'd say it's a spot for the winter spec galants with heated side mirrors and window. We actually have one at our place at the moment we're parting out that still has the original heating elements for the wipers etc.
welcome to the forum! Hope to see you around at some meets soon! :)

Jay...

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jay
Drive
1998 Galant vr-4
She's been sold back to its old owner @Gav I liked it but like I'd said earlier, only really bought it to help out my mate so fixed a few issues and put her back up for sale... All you guys on here are awesome,very helpful and don't make you feel like a retard asking questions.
Thanks for everything guys and goodluck to you all

Top Bottom