Lancer labelled as galant sports???

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Is this a bigger version of the Lancer? or is it actually a Lancer with Galant badging? Or maybe that model Lancer was actually the Galant overseas? I dont know lol

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Ah well there we go :)

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Ohhhhh pretty White Galant if you click on the Galant option down the left side....full hard piping and EVO bonnet...

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Ohhhhh pretty White Galant if you click on the Galant option down the left side....full hard piping and EVO bonnet...

Shame about the offset, but other than that it is a nice car! I'm more a fan of the white GC though!

But anyway, I think we have one of these Galant/Lancer threads every month lately. :ROFLMAO:

G

Unregistered
Its weird how Australia calls the lancer - lancer and yet Japan calls it the gallant and the Americans call the magna..... gallant.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Japan always called the lancer lancer as well until the current generation because there is no more actual Galant.

In the USA the Galant has always been a Galant as well, the current 9G Galant was redesigned and sold as a 380 in NZ and AU.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Meh the 9th Gen isn't a real Galant, it doesn't have the same DNA - it's more like an ugly cousin through marriage...

vr4ifed

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Vaughan
Drive
hj galant Aus-spec 6a12tt conversion
so is that technically the 10g??? or is the fortis like a sub section?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
There is no JDM 9G Galant. The 9G Galant is USDM only, comes in fwd only with a 2.4 i4 and a 3.8 v6. It is the same car as the 380, and to this day I have no idea how Mitsi AU managed to spend $600 million on the 9G to make it a 380 when to all intents and purposes it is the same car in every way, just RHD. Holden spent $1 billion on the VE Commodore and made an entirely new car. Everytime I read $600 million I cringe!

As for the new Lancer/Galant Fortis being a 10G Galant, I don't consider it a 10G Galant, it really is a Lancer. The 10G Galant (if it ever gets released) will be similar in size to the 9G/380 and will have a V6 engine, hopefully the superb 6B31 in the Outlander. I would like to see an RHD version sold in Japan, Au, NZ and the UK, but I doubt we'll see it.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
The Galant Fortis exists because there are some happy and naive Galant owners in Japan who will only trade up to the new Galant, regardless of whether or not it's also a Lancer ;)

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
In Europe Lancer = Lancer and everbody wishes a dignified new Galant...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
I read in NZ Autocar today that they also wish for a real Galant when they reviewed the Lancer VRX sporthatch thing

Top Bottom