Lancer GSR

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
Thought i'd give my mate's car a shameless plug......

http://tinyurl.com/2an9lvz

FYI it's a C73A Lancer GSR, factory 4WD DOHC turbo (4G61T)

Long list of mods- hellish sleeper! One of a handful in Australia!

Let me know what you guys think!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Is it something about that particular GSR that makes it one of handful? As there are a great deal of them just in Sydney.
I saw them as the poorman's EVO by comparison (not having a go though).

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
Is it something about that particular GSR that makes it one of handful? As there are a great deal of them just in Sydney.
I saw them as the poorman's EVO by comparison (not having a go though).

factory 4WD DOHC turbo (4G61T)

The thing is- since when could you buy EVO's in Australia? EVO 6.5 was the first, and at $85,000 I doubt most people could afford them....

These cars are basically baby Eterna ZR4's, with the sedan version (Mirage Cyborg) being a baby Galant VR4 (E39A)

Like any decent mitsi in the era (1987-1997) everything is interchangeable, which is why it now has a VR4 RS 4G63T

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I've actually seen this car out and about near my place! Definite thumbs-up.

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
Lols probably not something someone with a VR4 should say!!!

This little car is super cool. Bit exxy but.

As you all know, the thing about imports (this one was imported under the 15y.o rule) is the shipping/compliance/rego costs involved. Different story if it was a local FWD GSR- heaps cheaper.

My bone stock Cyborg (which is the sedan version of this GSR) cost me $6500 on the road, even with doing a lot of the compliance myself. Not exactly cheap, for a car that only cost $450 at auction in Japan.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I know as well as anyone the costs involved with importing. But the problem is that you never get your money back, and unless you can find a Mitsubishi collector you'll struggle to find a buyer as the world isn't bursting with people keen to hand over $10k for a fairly stock looking old Lancer, regardless of rarity... I would have expected a value around the $6-8k mark, myself.

Still cool though. Would be heaps of fun.

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
I know as well as anyone the costs involved with importing. But the problem is that you never get your money back, and unless you can find a Mitsubishi collector you'll struggle to find a buyer as the world isn't bursting with people keen to hand over $10k for a fairly stock looking old Lancer, regardless of rarity... I would have expected a value around the $6-8k mark, myself.

Still cool though. Would be heaps of fun.

I hear ya...

I'm pretty sure the price is fairly negotiable, plus going off that list of mods- she's had $8-10k thrown into it!

Ultimate sleeper! Runs mid 12's with alot more in it- easily worth $8k IMO

With a nice set of rims, you'd be laughing.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Yeah man for sure! Would be an insanely good little club car too. I'm guessing it'd be fairly nimble.

Top Bottom