Unregistered
Ouch I'd hate to think what it would be from the dealer

Davezj

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum VR-4
i wanted to take my legnum decal off but i think it may leave a residue or reveal some sun damage to the rest of the plastic boot skin, which will also scrath very easily.

anthony

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
tony
Drive
Rare Manual Legnum VR-4
i was thinking the same but ill leave it also them on

G

Unregistered
Took mine off and cleaned it off OK.All that is on my arse is a VR4 badge and a crbon 3 diamond in the centre of the "legnum" strip
But paint is very thing there on mine and ended up spraying it as i had some white from the bumper.
The match is less important on the rear strip as it does not line up against any thing

G

Unregistered
Ariadne is completely debadged. I wouldn't mind the silver Tailgate Garnish like the Super VR4s have though.

anthony

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
tony
Drive
Rare Manual Legnum VR-4
yes i like those was thinking of painting mine a darker silver to give it a bit of contrace

Davezj

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum VR-4
I might give it go then.

i will use a soft plastic scraper and some wd40.

unless anyone can think of anything better to get rid of the legnum badges.

G

Unregistered
WD40 is the way to go Dave - It's great for sticker residue. Careful with a plastic scraper as even with a soft one you could 'dig' the paint. I'd personally soak in WD then start to gently lift, spraying in more WD as you lift.

Davezj

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum VR-4
Yep that is what i will do.

how long did it take you to do the entier thing.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I used a hair dryer to heat up and soften the adhesive, and pulled some dental floss under the letters to get them off. Then some bug and tar remover to get the residue off the tailgate. Took about 10 minutes.

The letters came off completely intact - sold them last week to Darren (1JZX100).

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Dave if you want to use something that dissolves sticker gum but won't eat into your paint, you could try a citrus-based cleaner. I always use citrus cleaners to dissolve gum and it works brilliantly.

Derek's dental floss suggestion is a great one too as it won't damage anything - I used a glass cleaning blade VERY carefully and while I didn't damage the garnish I did wreck the lettering as I had to pull them up with my fingers which snapped them in the delicate sections.

Davezj

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum VR-4
nice info.

i will heat them up and try to lift them without breaking them.

i think the detal floss will be a good toll to get them off in one piece but will leave more sticky residue behind.

i will give the orange cleaner a go as the WD40 does take a lot of clearing up.

G

Unregistered
Ariadne is completely debadged. I wouldn't mind the silver Tailgate Garnish like the Super VR4s have though.

My chrome one may be up for sale..... if i get a good condition one to replace and respray black...

Thats IF I ever get my super....

G

Unregistered
No idea and thats the problem. Ive paid for it, its legally mine but I have absolutely no idea where it is.

Well I hope you hear something soon Don. My bumper has taken a least 3 months to get here but I had to wait until there was a full container to keep down costs

G

Unregistered
My chrome one may be up for sale..... if i get a good condition one to replace and respray black...

Thats IF I ever get my super....

I think my tailgate strip will be suitable for your needs!

(Where's the :deal2: smiley when you need it - Oh yeah, on it's ass with the rest of CVR4!)

Top Bottom