Legnum Interior/Cargo Dimenions

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Just wondering the interior dimensions of the Legnum are?

I basically need to know how much stuff I can fit, and how large items will fit. It would be useful to have the dimensions of when the rear seats are both up and down, and the measurement for the skinny section where the wheel arches are.

EDIT: BradC posted this further down the thread. Thought I would place it here for the greater good.

attachment.php

G

Unregistered
jesus... take a camera and a tape measure to someone who owns a legnum, and measure/take a photo of everything you want.. i dont think too many people will go out of their way to measure things, and take pics of all the finer details for you unfortunately.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
pms today?

Actually a couple of people were happy to take the photos of the finer details. Asking these things arent just for me, lots of VR4 owners are interested, they just never thought to ask. This forum is a resource, not just a place for people to chat.

When I get my Legnum I will be happy to return the favour.

G

Unregistered
haha yeah.. something like that.. :rolleyes:

i said most people, not everyone.
i just suggested that, as it might be easier for you to see/measure what you want, but hey...

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
hehe crazy!

I find myself moving furniture and large items occassionnaly (smallish items like filing cabinets, flat packed stuff etc). I really need a ute or trailer!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yea, same... got me thinking seriously about a tow-ball, but only want to do it if I can remove it easily and stealth the bracketing system somehow.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I really want to do this for you, but it is 10:30pm, very windy and pissing down with rain! You might have to wait until tomorrow night!

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
hehe thanks Brad, Im happy to wait! Its not something I urgently need to know.

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
Legnum-Jet Ski

Yeah Im in for a stealth Tow ball, thinking about a Jet Ski (I dont think the wife will approve it, but its nice to dream):rolleyes:

G

Unregistered
I just fit my Road Bike in the back of my car easily without removing the front wheel. I have to pick up 3 mountain bikes today or tomorrow, so If I get them all in I'll take a photo and show u how squishy it is.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
thanks Paul, I plan on taking 2 mountain bikes in the back, so hopefully they fit ok - im sure they would, Ive fit them in a daewoo lanos and a astra.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
ok, what you've been waiting for!

Just in case it isn't 100% clear in the pics:

From the floor to the boot opening is 770mm

From the base of the high point on the back seats to the piece of plastic at the end of the boot is 1710mm

From the back of the front seats in a normal seating position to the piece of plastic at the end of the boot is 1780mm. If you slide the seat all the way forward it goes up to about 1900mm

If the back seats are upright you have 870mm at the top of the seats and about 1000mm at the bottom of the seats

The full width right at the back is 1350mm

The width between the wheel arches is 890mm

The width between the elbow rests on the back seat is 1280mm

Attachments

• DSC01715.JPG
    DSC01715.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 86

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Brad your a legend!

Im sure this will be extremely useful to a lot of people, perhaps these dimensions can be added to a sticky thread of Legnum specs?

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
You can easily get a towbar fitted that has a removable tounge and you can't see the frame of it when it's removed, thats what i got on mine

G

Unregistered
Ok this is with the Misses mountain bike and my roadie on top ...

IMAG0035.jpg

Top Bottom