legnum panels

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
1998 Series 2 Pearl White Legnum
Hey guys i just went to get a quote for my car to get fixed

now i went to one of the recommended ones as i had to for the insurer, and he said that they may as well ride this car off... and he said if we could get a panel we could fix it easily

i mean what the heck he admits that its an easy fix but he said its too much trouble getting a panel in from somewhere else... Is there anywhere close by that i would be able to get a right rear quarter panel from?

im going to get some more quotes soon, and my legnum is a series two also, som im going to need a new wheal flare and those parts of the body kit :S

*I will also take some pics of the damage to get your guys opinion

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
Jamie, try trademe.co.nz.
I recently had an accident and the guy said it would take 6 weeks to source the right quarter panel and a new headlight, I did not want to wait that long and so I sourced both through trademe, cheap as since NZ is proliferated with the Leggy and delivered in a week!

Try them mate and you should be well in luck, just create an account to browse and (warning though) you will never leave the site.

Good luck and Im heaps sorry to hear about the damage, hope your baby's back on the road ASAP.
Especially THAT beast of yours.

PS: if you are trying to source the flares, I suggest you go genuine Mitsi flares as the fake ones have a bad fitment and I have only heard bad things from other members about them (I have a type V and wanted flares for it)
VR4WGN can source the flares from Mitsubishi Japan for (quote may have changed) around $780 a set (white not painted)
I checked and to get similiar here is about the same price (and they are not genuine!)

Hope some (or all) of this helps

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
hahaha cheers mate, i will have a look on there, seriously they cant ride my car off to being lazy... grrrr

addiction can never be tooo good haha

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
You could probably get someone to source them from Japan for you mate. One of the importers.

Maybe that monsterimports place?

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
oh yea more ideas, that i can look into

does anyone know if the panels on the series 1 and 2 are interchangeable?

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
I believe the only difference between the two models was a more pronounced bulge in the bonnet of a series 2 (but I could be wrong).

so... looking back at my response, its kinda useless really LOL!

G

Unregistered
www.kempys.co.nz

if the insurance is paying who cares what it costs

and you have to use facelift panels,

the rear end design is completely different to the pre-facelift

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
theres a place in your state that is currently wrecking a facelift legnum,i just bought an engine mount off it,give them a call and find out.

techsport

hope this helps

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
is it a facelift legnum though

edit* ignore that james i just re-read it and realised it is a series 2 haha

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
i just read over the policy for justcars and if the parts are not readily available then they will pay me the cost to get it done myself, maybe this could work out for me as i know a mate who would do it for me alot cheaper... and i will get my excess back... Maybe we will see what happens, not sure if the insurance company will allow me to use a recycled part, i know nothing about insurnace companies and what they allow :S

Skurfer

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
EZTONV
I am in the same boat at the moment. It sucks having to go through the insurers repairer as they are just massive places that done really care that much, and give dodgy cheap quotes to get the business, and then blow out the quote when they are awarded the work, which pushes out all the small companies.

For me, the assessor for justcars was going to find a new front bar and headlight for the repairer, as he knew where he could get parts. But i am hoping as well that i get the repair payout to do it myself. So much easier and cheaper.

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
yea well i think thats the road im going to try and go down im going to do some more research today and see what i can find out

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
ok so i have contacted techsport and legnum is a facelift vr4 in pearl white :) the same as mine, so the flares the body kit and the wing will be able to be put straight on hopefully and just the rear quarter panel will have to be done at the panel beaters, so im pretty happy with that news :D i will go to a few panel beaters again today and see what they will all have to say about this :)

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
i just read over the policy for justcars and if the parts are not readily available then they will pay me the cost to get it done myself, maybe this could work out for me as i know a mate who would do it for me alot cheaper... and i will get my excess back... Maybe we will see what happens, not sure if the insurance company will allow me to use a recycled part, i know nothing about insurnace companies and what they allow :S

Yes the insurance company will let you use second hand parts, they prefer this option to keep the repair price down.

Gary

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
ok i just got off the phone to the panel beater and rex gorell in geelong can order in any new parts for our cars, just though that some people here would like to know that... the spoiler is going to cost 1200 brrand new...

but with all new parts they have quoted me 5300 to get it fixed, but that price is mainly for the reallly expensive genuine parts from japan.

But like i say rex gorell mitsubishi in geelong can order in parts for our cars, but hey most mitsi dealers should be able to

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
so i have contacted techsport and legnum is a facelift vr4 in pearl white :) the same as mine, so the flares the body kit and the wing will be able to be put straight on hopefully and just the rear quarter panel will have to be done at the panel beaters, so im pretty happy with that news :D i will go to a few panel beaters again today and see what they will all have to say about this

thats great news jamie.
that is quite a good quote too,i damaged the front fo my car and i thought it would cost me about 2-3000 to fix,nearly 3 months later im closer to $7000 down,i wish i had of bought the front of techsports car instead of getting one from NZ

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
crap dude thats gotta sting the wallet! Yea well im hoping to bring the cost of it down with the parts from tech sport, but also barry james is the one who gave me that quote and they are criminal with their quotes so i will be going to a few other places, and im thinking i may be able to get this quite a bit cheaper! ]

Didn't you have insurance though james?

Top Bottom