Legnum VR-4 and Evo track day in Japan!

formanth

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony
Drive
2001 Legnum
There's a meet this weekend for any MMC car owners to go around this tight, twisty track in northern Japan ( Link circuit).
I was thinking about taking my car up there for a fun day out and wanted to know more about the track...it's rare to find footage of VR4s on a track in Japan,then I found this (after quite a bit of searching).

Footage is a bit grainy but it looks like fun anyway. One tuned Legnum right at the beginning of the vid. Decent time too! Go the EC5W and CT9W!

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
What an awesome little track! That legnum sounds pretty good too.

mfbamba

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Misagh
Drive
1997 Legnum
yeah would be a great place to spectate since you can see almost everything from the one stand.

G

Unregistered
Nice video, that leggy is what I want mine to sound like.

formanth

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony
Drive
2001 Legnum
I'm very tempted, Dion! It's 370 kms away, mate... but where's there's a will and a 6A13TT, there's a way :) I'll take it relatively easy if I do end up making it. Need new pads first- fronts only have 2 mm left, doing that Saturday ( trying Acre Light Sports)...coilovers are a bit old and need attention. sigh

By the way guys, I checked his blog. He sold that quick Legnum in the vid a while back and now has a quick Evo IX wagon.:D
At one stage, this guy's Legnum got dynoed at 244kw /333 PS with rebuilt (clipped) turbos..

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/215412/blog/c113115/p7/

formanth

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony
Drive
2001 Legnum
Derek, here ya go buddy! It's quick ( and the driver is good as well).
The one wagon I really want(ed) more than the Legnum dammit! :love: FF to 2:23

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
I'm very tempted, Dion! It's 370 kms away, mate... but where's there's a will and a 6A13TT, there's a way :) I'll take it relatively easy if I do end up making it. Need new pads first- fronts only have 2 mm left, doing that Saturday ( trying Acre Light Sports)...coilovers are a bit old and need attention. sigh

By the way guys, I checked his blog. He sold that quick Legnum in the vid a while back and now has a quick Evo IX wagon.:D
At one stage, this guy's Legnum got dynoed at 244kw /333 PS with rebuilt (clipped) turbos..

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/215412/blog/c113115/p7/

^^ very useful blog, found a few howto guides on it!

for example 'how to change your front rocker cover gaskets!' --> http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/1130806/car/870648/1823190/note.aspx

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Derek, here ya go buddy! It's quick ( and the driver is good as well).
The one wagon I really want(ed) more than the Legnum dammit! :love: FF to 2:23

Cool thanks :) Very smooth driving, pity it was so quiet lol

edit: I guess it wasn't so quiet... I was using different speakers when I first listened to it.

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Damn, nice track... Also that Leggy was moving! But the Evogon, mmmm nice :D

formanth

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony
Drive
2001 Legnum
MMC 8th Track day meet- Link circuit

April 2012 pics 029.jpg
April 2012 pics 025.jpg
April 2012 pics 030.jpg
April 2012 pics 020.jpg
April 2012 pics 038.jpg
April 2012 pics 027.jpg
April 2012 pics 031.jpg
April 2012 pics 022.jpg
April 2012 pics 034.jpg
April 2012 pics 028.jpg
April 2012 pics 023.jpg
April 2012 pics 035.jpg

Pic 1: the 2 MIVEC sreamers sounded beaut- proves you don't always need a turbo to be fast around a track
Pic 2 : this Suzuki was a bit more lively than your average shopping trolley- HKS turbo kit, bigger brakes, susp mods- rev happy and fun I'm sure- but scary being a passenger in
PIc 3: Yellow Evo looked great, but didnt see him on the track. Ralliart Colt- here ya go Aamir. This had an aftermarket turbo kit as well.
Pic 4: Mr Yabe helped me out when my radiator developed a leak- top guy and friendly too.
Pic 5: should've lowered it a bit more for the track
Pic 6: Lovely stance with those wheels, possibly with Tomei tuning work or stroker kit
Pic 7: The fastest Evo on the day ( at the front of the pack in the video)
pic 8: This took out quickest lap in the under 2L class
Pic 9: the owner of the track or boss' car
Pic 11: same car as in pic 7 making good horsepower and the guy could drive
Pic 12: managed to get a quick peek through the bonnet vents- huge shiny turbo hiding under there

I ended up going to the meet yesterday. Definitely a challenging track ( big dips and rises).
Those MIVECs move! That guy in the pic next to my car took me for a few laps in his semi slicked,HKS turboed Suzuki- it was amazing to see how late he could brake- nearly shat myself!
some of the Evos had dollars spent and were FQ. I met the guy with the Evo wagon ( he's the one who used to have the Legnum in the earlier vid) Had a bit of a chat and told him his blog is famous now on OzVR4. His beautiful, very fast blue wagon suffered some left rear door damage when he nudged one of the rails or something :(

Was a fun day out and I'm glad nothing went bang on my car ( well, apart from the radiator leak). Tru Cool trans cooler and Amsoil ATF worked superbly in 30c heat and even though I only got out for maybe 5 or 6 laps in total ( not much), none of the dash lights flashed and my transmission performed flawlessly.
Glad I had new pads put on ( Acre Light Sports), they did the job well considering I still have weak stock brakes.
These are a fast street pad which are excellent for the street and OK for the track but our VR-4's definitely need bigger brakes and better pads if you're thinking of going to a track regularly.

formanth

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony
Drive
2001 Legnum
lol..it wasn't for long> cleaned it Sat only to have the plastic at the top of my radiator crack , spewing coolant everywhere!
Early finish for me but managed to get in a few laps. Luckily it didn't overheat for the 380 km drive home.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
that R34... :O
Yeah...bit....different. R35 wheels and a significant increase in track width by the look. It better be fast cause she sure ain't pretty.

Oh and Anthony, you've now got the perfect excuse for an alloy radiator ;)

Top Bottom