Legnum VR-4 and Evo track day in Japan!

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
Yeah...bit....different. R35 wheels and a significant increase in track width by the look. It better be fast cause she sure ain't pretty.

Oh and Anthony, you've now got the perfect excuse for an alloy radiator ;)

not to mention the right country to buy an alloy radiator and much more!!!!!

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Alloy radiator? eBay Au. Easy done.

Abundance of easily available JDM goodies at good prices? Yeah, 日本 has the upper hand there ;)

formanth

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony
Drive
2001 Legnum
sometimes you can find things at good prices, but good radiators are still pricey even here in Jp. Joe- yeah, I'll see what's available for AT :)
short unedited footage from the day: the over 2L class
(excuse the less than professional filming- first attempt at video with this little camera)

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
lol had to laugh at the footage a little, couple of cars I only got to see the spoiler of :p

Are they supposed to be exhaust pipes coming out of the R34s boot?

formanth

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony
Drive
2001 Legnum
lol..that's how quick they were, Chris! no pretensions about being Steven Spielberg here-total noob in that area I am ! lol
but those guys had been around that track quite a few times.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
lol had to laugh at the footage a little, couple of cars I only got to see the spoiler of :p

Are they supposed to be exhaust pipes coming out of the R34s boot?

fuel in/out

i hope they're functional. if not that is some legit rice. cool rice even lol

formanth

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony
Drive
2001 Legnum
The guy that owns the blue Evo IX wagon managed to clip the barrier/wall and will need to replace to left rear door. A good bloke and fond of our VR4s (he's also the guy that has the blog on Minkara and used to own that quick Legnum VR-4 in the earlier video).

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Nice work Anthony, how's the car holding up?

Must be some serious altitude chnges there, 30 degrees where you are and snow on the top of the hills still, I assume at around 10 degrees....

formanth

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony
Drive
2001 Legnum
Steve- the car is going well, thanks.
There are a few things I'd like to change on the car, but the ECU tune definitely isn't one of them- not even a hint of any dramas in the last 6 months- it has performed well.

You're not wrong- it was unusually warm for the (northern) Spring that day, and especially for Fukushima.Must have been the first burst of summer weather that acts as a preview of the upcoming season. Altitude would've been around 300-350m for the city, maybe around 400m where the track was, as it was in the sticks, up a mountain.
We were limited to no more than 6 laps at a time due to the warm weather and steep declines on the track, which is fair enough as spinning/crashing due to no brakes isn't fun..most of the track had decent positive camber turns so it helped rookies like me.
The weather is now back to normal ( 19c-22c) for the rest of Golden week.

Top Bottom