Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
Sean, are you organising a group buy???

G

Unregistered
No sorry Wayne, just searching the net, looking for information on the Leggy's and come across stuff that I think others may be interested in. If I wanted to reduce the weight from Bellas Leggy, I would diet first. LOL

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
seen this before - im curious how much of a difference it would actually make?

G

Unregistered
Similar, if not more than a clutch fan is better than a solid fan, or thermos fans are better than clutch fans. Less load for your engine, means more go usually. Not only that, but it is heaps lighter. And for anyone who wants to reduce weight, this is another option.

I was also reading somewhere that I ceramic coated exhaust will do wonders for your engine also. Reduces heat build up in the engine bay, and is able to disperse exhaust gas flow more prominently.

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
No sorry Wayne, just searching the net, looking for information on the Leggy's and come across stuff that I think others may be interested in. If I wanted to reduce the weight from Bellas Leggy, I would diet first. LOL

Nah, i don't think Bella's leggy suffered on the last run with that supposed extra weight.

I'd asked Ivan from X3eMotorsports about the one he offered (Crank pulley kit) but couldn't confirm it was a direct replacement for 6A13. The one he offers is an EVO version. Has anyone else tried it perhaps?

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
I really don't think that would make much diffrence. Even those light weight underdrive pulley kits did bugger all.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
i hav heard they actually do more harm then good (the light weight crank pulleys that is, not he accessory pulleys)

due to a sensor or something located in the stock pulley that helps with balancing or harmonic motion...

this post dosent help lol, im sure someone might know more

EDIT: i think its bad to run a lightweigt flywheel and a light weight pulley, as the inertia of crank gets stuffed up, so idle is up and down and the revs drop real fast when cltuch in at hi revs

G

Unregistered
The pulleys you linked to is used by Zentac on CVR4 in his VR4 powered FTO. If you have read any of the info on his engine you'll know he is running 450+WHP

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
if that was directed to me peter:
i didnt say that brand was bad or anything. just heard mixed results about pulleys in general, and the actual gains they deliver

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Have always considered this mod to be one you do if you've done absolutely everything else, or are looking to pad out your mod list relatively cheaply so you look cool on the internet.

Have occasionally considered getting them for the Sil for the latter reason. :LOL:

G

Unregistered
if that was directed to me peter:
i didnt say that brand was bad or anything. just heard mixed results about pulleys in general, and the actual gains they deliver

No it was not aimed at anybody and yes I have heard of some disasters with poorly designed lightweight pulleys as well.
I was just letting everybody know who originally had these pulleys manufactured .

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
ahhh, well that is good to know theyre courtesy of Zentac (Rob is his name isnt it?)

G

Unregistered
Have always considered this mod to be one you do if you've done absolutely everything else, or are looking to pad out your mod list relatively cheaply so you look cool on the internet.

Honestly I could not have said it better myself.

Bennoz

Petrol Sniffer
First Name
Ben
Drive
Mitsubishi FTO
Tend to agree ^^

The standard pulley has harmonic balancing properties to stop the resonance in the crank steel. If you are looking for a long life out of your 6A13, leave this alone. If you need to get down the 1/4 mile as fast as possible, every second day, then go ahead & grab one.

Top Bottom