Lightened flywheel in Oz in stock possibility...

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Hey guys, I've just been doing a bit of reading and I found this catalogue off the Xtreme clutch website.

It mentions two flywheels for the 3.5 and 3.0l V6 magnas (part numbers: FMI008C c/moly 4.5kg + FMI008A alum 4.3kg). The way it's written there leads me to believe they're talking about the 6G72 SOHC 24v and 6G74 SOHC 24v. Which means we may have a lightened flywheel option as I believe they're the same as ours?

I'm just not sure of the weight of a standard flywheel to know if these are actually lighter or if they're just a stock replacement.

Any ideas people?

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
They do share with ours, Paul. The stock ones are pretty light already, I would've thought.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i'll weigh up mine when i pull it out.. before and after machining.. so at least everyone will know what the oem flywheel weighs on ours..

Benny (JustPlainNuts) this might be a better/cheaper alternative to the part that you're missing..

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
So how did you go with weighing this puppy up christian, it was a while ago, do you remember???

DVR

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Danny
Drive
Delica mainly
Just went to garage and weighed one. It's slightly over 7kgs or 15lbs.

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum
15lbs is 6.8Kgs
Still quite a weight saving then, c/moly is 2/3rds the wieght and aluminium is a tiny bit better
How much are these flywheels?

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Im lookin at a light weight billet flywheel that weighs 4.6kg

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
I am very sure these will NOT fit, magnas have 8 bolts and the legnum has 7 on the flywheel.. discovered this today while doing my clutch job and plannign to put this exact flywheel on, no dice!

Top Bottom