Link Ecu removal

G

Unregistered
Hey guys I'm hoping someone may help me please I'm at witts end here..
I recently took the Link ECU out of the wagon and installed a new engine loom and a standard ecu(flashed). But I had a few problems. I had no power to the coil packs so I bridged power from the ifs +12V which fixed that problem.
My next problem now is that my tacho won't work at all .I've tried both the speed pulse signal and the ifs wire and have no luck.
It's like somehow when I had the moved motor in the wagon the sparkies mustave cut or rewired something and now I have dilemmas . To make it weirder my car will both start and run fine without the ifs plugged in or even connected...

My question is ,is there any other way I can grab a tacho signal from the car and feed it into the tacho(factory dash)

G

Unregistered
yea man tried everything lol,and nothing,its very very interestingly weird

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
What exactly have you swapped quinton?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Also, is there anything else connected to the rpm signal? Eg a boost controller that uses rpm as an input?

G

Unregistered
I removed the link ecu and reinstalled a flashed ecu and a uncut firewall loom, upon install it had no power to the coils so I bridged power from the constant off the ifs and after that it started but never had tachometer. When we cut and retouched the ifs wire on the ifs the tacho would do a quick jump and to no luck still

Top Bottom