Logged Boost and Load values

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
What are the maximum boost / load values people have managed to log? (Would prefer this to be standard turbos and OEM ECU, though obviously tuning is fine)

After my COP, fuel rail loop and injector upgrade I was more than happy to see what the car would do without worrying about fuel and spark delivery issues.

On my way to work this morning:

Gear: 5th
Load (2 byte): 246.563
RPM (2 byte): 3179.69
AFR (wideband): 11.178:1
Boost: > 25psi

The only reason I know that the boost exceeded 25psi is because the boost gauge warning light lit up which made me back off. I am wondering now if boost leaks are a big issue at "high" boost since after doing all the fuel / spark delivery mods I pressure tested up to 30psi.
Obviously the RPM isn't high, next goal is to setup the load limits and targets to see what it will do higher in the RPM range.

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
I've hit around the same boost on the dyno before realising my 3 port was wired incorrectly :blush:

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
I've hit around the same boost on the dyno before realising my 3 port was wired incorrectly :blush:
I had some "issues" with incorrect boost control setup when doing testing on ECU mods. Basically the wastegates were disconnected from the boost source. It pulled like anything low down but choked once the RPM got higher.

Fortunately I know the solenoid setup is correct this time, as the low boost map (which I used when setting up the injectors) limits boost very well.

The load definitely tapers off as the RPM increases, though I don't know how much of that is the boost mapping being a but rough (I didn't really set it up with any finesse).

Interesting load% / rpm points are

203 @ 2777
235 @ 3000
246 @ 3179
232 @ 4039
203 @ 4065

Unfortunately the fuel cut load limit is about 215% load which means that those figures could not be maintained over 1 pull. The load target is only set at 200 so the ECU also starts pulling WGDC after it works out things are going, by its standards, horribly wrong.

I'll have a go at setting it all up so I can maintain ~230% load for as long as possible. I may even get to have a run on the way home tomorrow evening.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Sounds good Kenneth! Poor little standard turbo's must be approaching light speed at that boost:LOL:

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Yeah um, that's getting up there, although I wouldn't be surprised if the turbo RPM isn't THAT high at those low RPM values....

Top Bottom