Looking for advice.. Evo vs VR4

PartyMan

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dan
Drive
looking for new ride
Dan, if you aren't a car thief/pedo/junkie/wierdo, you are welcome to come in my Manual Leg on the cruise tomorrow night? Im in Noarlunga Downs.

haha... can't say I am any of those (not on a public forum anyway :tongue_smilie:)
Thanks for the offer, but I've got some family commitments tomorrow night.

Lol Joel.

Dan ill be asking low to mid $20k's.

My budget will be high teens unfortunately. But a TME would be nice!

PartyMan

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dan
Drive
looking for new ride
You sound so excited! hehe

Seriously, it was a good car my old subi... it was a GT forester with a heap of WRX bits. Had 160awkw - perfect for gettign my daughter to child care and also having a bit of fun. But gearbox was piss weak and it still handled like a boat.

skyrex

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Blake
Drive
Ralliart Colt
Lol I get onto this thread on ozvr4 and all I see is Evo Evo Evo... hahaha
I noticed you were looking around the 5/6 range, if you're looking for something a little less common and with a bit more pedigree/history I'd go a 5.
If you're up on your Evo history, the 5 was the first widebody, first with brembo's, first of the CP9A platform, plus had the sexy rear end with the tail light garnishes.
It's my personal pick between of the first 6 evolutions of, well the evo lol

PartyMan

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dan
Drive
looking for new ride
Lol I get onto this thread on ozvr4 and all I see is Evo Evo Evo... hahaha
I noticed you were looking around the 5/6 range, if you're looking for something a little less common and with a bit more pedigree/history I'd go a 5.
If you're up on your Evo history, the 5 was the first widebody, first with brembo's, first of the CP9A platform, plus had the sexy rear end with the tail light garnishes.
It's my personal pick between of the first 6 evolutions of, well the evo lol

A 5 is probably my pick out of the two as well. I like the front a lot better - much more beefier and doesn't look like 2 erect nipples. Rear garnish also looks better, but I do prefer the wing on the 6.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Seriously, it was a good car my old subi... it was a GT forester with a heap of WRX bits. Had 160awkw - perfect for gettign my daughter to child care and also having a bit of fun. But gearbox was piss weak and it still handled like a boat.

Lol, and we can get 200kw atw on stock turbo's with bolt on's..... So either Evo or VR4 should be exciting for you then actually :)

G

Unregistered
Lol, and we can get 200kw atw on stock turbo's with bolt on's..... So either Evo or VR4 should be exciting for you then actually :)
he would of still been running the stock turbo as well, probably on about 16psi. our cars have 206kw @ fly, wrx/fozzas etc from that era only had about 176kw or so @ the fly. my old MY01 made 164kw atw with full exhaust, tune and boost (up from 113kw atw in stock condition).

PartyMan

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dan
Drive
looking for new ride
I have over 200rwkw at the moment, so I don't think it will be a hugely exciting in stock form.

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
I beg to differ. Everyone knows corners is where a car proves itself, and that's exactly where the Evo loves to be.

markasia

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark Ly
Drive
1999 Mitsubishi Galant VR4
how is a stock evo & galant in a straight line?

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
I would honestly be looking at a 6.5 TME - Tommi Makinnen Edition.

G

Unregistered
I would honestly be looking at a 6.5 TME - Tommi Makinnen Edition.
x2

better turbo, better suspension (also lowered), close ratio gearbox, close ratio steering rack (<1.5 turns to full lock!), plus wank factor on naming rights :p

Top Bottom