Making bonnet spacers

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 VR4 FL Legnum w recaro and momo
Just a quick one for you guys. I'm wanting to space up the rear of my bonnet 10mm to allow for heated air to escape out the back. Obviously gonna need bolts an extra 10mm longer but what are your recommendations for spacers? i could go all electrician and use a bit of conduit but i was thinking maybe a hard rubber or even a piece of metal or washers... thoughts?

battery

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
b
Drive
a car
Its actually has a negative effect on the cooling system, basically its just a wank mod that poser's like to do.

G

Unregistered
my bonnet is actually spaces up like this. but only to allow the bonnet struts to work properly

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
I just did this today used 5 washers to do it bout 6-7mm higher. And depends on who you talk to if it works or not. Don did it on his Legnum after the TD05 upgrade due to the engine bay heat being excessive and he tested the engine bay temps before and after, I cant remember exactly how much the engine bay temps dropped with the hood spaced up but was definitely a drop.

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 VR4 FL Legnum w recaro and momo
Its actually has a negative effect on the cooling system, basically its just a wank mod that poser's like to do.
I wouldn't say its a wank mod... look at all the cars at the track - actual race cars not just dailys - most of them have bonnet spacers so it obviously serves some purpose otherwise they wouldn't do it

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Bit of square tube with two holes drilled in it?

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Its not the spacers by itself though...

You have to consider how they force air through the front of the car etc etc

Similar debate to the benefit of under trays.

Top Bottom