For Sale NSW Parting out my VR4, well making it stock again anyway

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
So I was going to sell my VR4, but it seems it's been running a bit too hard for a bit too long and with morboost than probably anyone here and on E85, the head bolts have turned out to be the weakest link on the stock engine. It appears that with 20+psi of boost on E85, the combustion chamber force is just too much and the head bolts have stretched meaning the heads are lifting and now it makes only a paltry 196kW ATW on 98 (still not bad hey) but the point is it's no longer perfect and to fix it is just more money I can't justify on a car that was going to be sold. So sad as it is, weighing up all the options and given it still drives fines (like I said, 196kW ATW aint that bad on 98) it's going to be turned back to stock and used as a daily hack and TME's courtesy car. At least this way I get to keep a VR4 :)

So pretty much all mods/high spec items are for sale. A heap of stuff is already gone to a few that have expressed an interest in bits of it previously but I'll list those so no one asks for them.

What I can think of is as follows but if you want something that you think might be there and is not listed, by all means ask. At the moment the car is still all together and I'll pull items off it as they sell.

Some items I need replacements so anything marked with an asterix at the beginning, I need the lower spec or OE replacement item in exchange.

* Retrimmed Handbrake lever and boot - $75 on hold for Alvin
*Evo 8 Enkei wheels with minimal rash (no tyres) - $400
Engine undertray - $120 on hold for mick

Now the Stereo.... Highest spec available single din Pioneer head unit 2.5 years ago, has Bluetooth and Ipod plus another USB input (both rear, a rare thing and for those of you like me who hate cables in front of a dash, it's a marvellous thing) plus Aux input, 3 (I think) x High voltage RCA outs, rockford fosgate 4 x 100 (maybe more) RMS amp, close to the highest model MB Quartz front splits (1599RRP), Rockford Fosgate 2 way rears, 250W RMS Pioneer monoblock Amp, Pioneer 12" slimline Subwoofer and custom box to fit on the side of the bootspace, thick wiring kit thingy. Make a decent offer that would make me be bothered to remove it and I might.

Sad to see it break up but at least I get to keep a VR4....

Some pics, I'll get some more of what's left on the weekend:
COP on front bank, few scratches as it was the prototype
Small20140108_063620.jpg

Intercooler as it stands:
Small20140108_065009.jpg

Wheels are like this, I'll try find some rash and get a pic of it
Small 20131015_223638.jpg

Ignore the dirt, the car is filthy ATM :(

The following items are sold, status of their removal is noted ext to each item, if anyone needs something quicker, let me know and I'll ee what I can do.

Retrimmed Momo steering wheel - Swapped out
'99 Facelift Recaro seats - Swapped out
3SX fuel rail loop - Out and Sent
Flush Clear side Indicators - Out and Sent
Gas strut bonnet stays - Out and picked up
*Facelift Bonnet in Trigger - Swapped out
Evo X BOV - Out and Sent
*strengthened rear lower control arms - Out, cleaned up and ready to go tomorrow
Rear Strut brace - Out and Sent
Selby Swaybars (27 rear, 24 front) with bushes and whiteline HD endlinks for the front - Swapped out
Bosch motorsport 1000cc injectors and plugs - Out and Sent
Coil on Plug (the first set ever made lol) - Out and Sent
[/B]*Quad projector headlights with angel eyes, completely blacked out with ballasts and 6000k globes etc - Swapped out
Ceramic coated dumps - Out and Sent
Full Exhaust with tuned length front pipes and Varex rear canon - Swapped out
Intercooler, yum cha 600x300x76 but the car made more power than any other on 98 at 202kWATW so it can't be bad, complete with T bolt clamps, black silicon hoses and PFL hotside pipe for easy install. - Out by um.... 16/Feb
Door Weather shields - Swapped out
Short Shifter - Out by Feb16
Bilstein coilovers with custom springs (8kg fr/6.3kg rr), you will struggle to find better at any price - Swapped out
Brembo's painted in your colour of choice with TME or Brembo Decals, including braided lines, DBA 4000 Rear Rotors, DBA 5000 two piece front rotors, Ferodo DS2500 Pads, bolts (the rear rotors are good, the pads are good, the front rotors are 2 piece but at minimum thickness, but if you want 2 piece rotors this way you only need to buy the outer to get them new again) - Swapped out
*Facelift Hub Carriers with new wheel bearing assemblies - Swapped out
SAYC diff from an Evo 9 - Swapped out
Front Camber Kits - Out and Ready!
7202ECU with your current map on it if you have a 7201 at the moment - changed my mind, not selling

nashie Boy

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
nashe
Drive
1999 legnum VR-4 manual
Evo 9 diff if it isn't to much to get sent to wa. May aswell take the strengthened rear lower control arms too

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
Was very sad to hear what happened to the VR4. I'm glad it's staying with you as a courtesy car though, we still want you here :p

G

Unregistered
Ill take all the KW please if they are still available.
Also the torques. K thanks.

Sent from the fires of Mt Doom

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Evo 9 diff if it isn't to much to get sent to wa. May as well take the strengthened rear lower control arms too

Sorry, diff went by phone call just before your post, but you've got the control arms

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Ill take all the KW please if they are still available.
Also the torques. K thanks.

Sent from the fires of Mt Doom

Sorry, a few kw ran off when the torques lifted the heads and ran out....

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
What a shame this has happened. Out of curiosity what would have needed to be done to rectify the problem? Is it more than just high tensile head bolts?

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Sorry to hear Steve. The beast will live on in many lives

Unco_Tomato

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1996 White Manual Legnum w/ FL Kit
Hey Steve, going to pull out of the COP and Dumps. Sorry.

Got a speeding fine today that will need paying and my clutch will need doing in the next 2-3 months I'd say, so I need the money elsewhere :(

Feel free to relist those items and the exhaust too.

Sorry.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
To support that torque, the engine would need the heads removed, the gaskets replaced and arp studs, may as well service the heads while off, you'd have to do the major as it's due, min 2k in parts plus heaps of time that I simply don't have given the client cars and my other projects running as well.. So to spend that on a car that probably wouldn't get that much money in the end, simply couldn't be justified. Especially when I was going to then spend 6k on the courtesy car after this one sold, this way is just so much better financially plus it helps out a heap of members with parts.... Had to draw a line unfortunately.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Sad news Steve, good luck with the part out!

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
Woot still most powerful in nsw haha for now :p

But Damn I missed out on all the goodies.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
650 for the cop, same for the dumps, the synods have been used for about 50 dyno pulls plus the 3k drive there and back lol.

Exhaust sold too

nashie Boy

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
nashe
Drive
1999 legnum VR-4 manual
May as well take the rear tower brace aswell since I missed out on the diff

storm_detonation

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
storm_detonation
Drive
2000 Silver VR4, Toyota Hilux
650 for the cop, same for the dumps, the synods have been used for about 50 dyno pulls plus the 3k drive there and back lol.

Exhaust sold too

What kind of condition is COP in? I'm guessing it would be excellent...

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
It was the first one ever made so it's the oldest, but it's never missed a beat, realistically they're less than 2 year old coils, you'd expect them to last a lot longer than that. It's got the prototype plates so they're not laser cut like they are now but you can't see the edges of the plate when installed, The coils are the ones without Denso written all over them lie the ones Christian now sells. 650 though, cheap cheap :)

Top Bottom