Alternater Pulley making noise or belt ?

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Sorry !!!

Found out its actually not my alternator pulley thats making all that noise, i think it might be the power steering pump wheel/pulley.
Spray'd a little WD40 on the pulley wheel on the actual p/s and noise is gone.

Mod please delete thread if possible, posted before even thinking of seeing what it could be, i think i was just pissed off cause of the noise haha.

Kingy

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
James
Drive
VR4 Galant 96 Series 1
Hey Fred what sort of noise did it make? Mine sounds like a high pitch whistle consistent with throttle. I've got a feeing its the aircon pulley or powersteering pulley. Maybe I'll WD 40 it soon and see if it goes away. Just don't want spray on my belts.

G

Unregistered
Kingy, Mine done this a while back. It was the Alternator belt, Tightened it and it went away. The noise was only on start up though and it went away after 30 seconds.

Here is a how to I made, it could be your problem, quick fix if it is. http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?12616-How-To-Tighten-Alternator-Belt

Now my P.S Belt is doing it, It does it constantly, while driving, very embarrassing (feel like a VN driver haha) If yours is constant it may be your PS belt. Will sort it over the next few days and do another guide the same as my Alternator belt tightening guide.

Top Bottom