manual conversion

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
This is the parts lists that i've gathered from the other threads (which i now can't find either) If that helps
You will need the box, clutch, flywheel, spacer/gasket the bolts to the engine block, clutch slave & master cylinders with pipework, gearbox mount, gearlever, control cables, clutch & brake pedals and a small amount of cable to hotwire the inhibitor switch to allow the car to start and the reverse lights to work. You'll also need a hole cutter for the clutch master cylinder and some oils - transfer box & gearbox, plus clutch fluid, coolant and maybe a top up of engine oil if you don't change it.

• Manual Gearbox
  • Clutch assembly
  • Gearbox/engine divider plate (this is important, don't forget it or the starter motor won't mount up properly)
  • clutch master cylinder
  • clutch slave cylinder and mounting bolts
  • Get 2 to 3 meters of clutch line made up before hand as re-routing the standard stuff nicely sucks
  • Get the manual reverse gear indicator plug (not sure yet if you can hook it up to the auto loom, but it is worth having)
  • Left hand half shaft
  • left hand inner shaft (the one behind the inner CV, it is shorter on the manual and correspods to the longer half shaft)
  • Manual Brake pedal
  • Clutch pedal
  • Manual shifter, including all bolts and the cables
  • gear lever surround (so you can get the leather boot)
  • 35mm holesaw (drill out the master cylinder hole in the firewall)
  • 9mm drill bit to drill out the mounting for the clutch pedal and master cylinder
  • On the black connector to the gearbox, there are 2 big wires. One is Black with Yellow stripe the other is Black with Red stripe (was on mine anyway)
  • You just need to cut those wires and solder them together (then cover of course).

The other 2 wires on the same row are the reverse indicator wires which you can use to wire up the reverse by scrapping one of the plugs from the front fog light loom (pre facelift) and some other places by the look of things.

Top Bottom